First trip questions - Jungfraujoch

First trip questions - Jungfraujoch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jaggu
Jaggu
2 posts
Apr 9, 2017 - 3:44 PM

Hello everybody,

Its my first trip so apologies in advance if questions are silly. I saw that I can book a train on sbb web site for "INTERLAKEN OST - KLEINE SCHEIDEGG

via GRINDELWALD OR LAUTERBRUNNEN" for 41.1 CHF. So does it mean that I have to buy tickets only from KLEINE SCHEIDEGG to the Jungfrau peak. The previous dicussions mentioned from Wengen and Grindenwald hence the confusion. I have attached a copy of the screen.

Regards.

Please login to see the attached documents
Arno
Arno
10765 posts
expert &
Apr 9, 2017 - 6:07 PM in reply to Jaggu

Hi Jaggu,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The ticket you mentioned is a single trip from Interlaken Ost to Kleine Scheidegg via either Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen. It does not get you to Jungfraujoch and the return is not included either.

What's your purpose for the day? Do you have a rail pass?

Jaggu
Jaggu
2 posts
Apr 10, 2017 - 6:44 AM

So,

I think if I have a swiss travel pass I do not need to buy any ticket till I reach KLEINE SCHEIDEGG. Am I correct in assuming this ?

Lucas
Lucas
7270 posts
expert &
Apr 10, 2017 - 7:43 AM in reply to Jaggu

Hi Jaggu,

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass, and traveling from Interlaken, you need to buy a ticket from Grindelwald (or Wengen) on to Jungfraujoch. As a Swiss Travel Pass holder, you are entitled to 25% off that ticket price.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Apr 10, 2017 - 4:32 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018