First trip questions – Jungfraujoch

• Jaggu
    Participant
    2 posts
    9 April 2017 at 15:44:19 #811330

Hello everybody,

Its my first trip so apologies in advance if questions are silly. I saw that I can book a train on sbb web site for “INTERLAKEN OST – KLEINE SCHEIDEGG

via GRINDELWALD OR LAUTERBRUNNEN” for 41.1 CHF. So does it mean that I have to buy tickets only from KLEINE SCHEIDEGG to the Jungfrau peak. The previous dicussions mentioned from Wengen and Grindenwald hence the confusion. I have attached a copy of the screen.

Regards.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 April 2017 at 18:07:52 #861174

Hi Jaggu,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The ticket you mentioned is a single trip from Interlaken Ost to Kleine Scheidegg via either Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen. It does not get you to Jungfraujoch and the return is not included either.

What’s your purpose for the day? Do you have a rail pass?

Jaggu
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 April 2017 at 6:44:17 #861175

So,

I think if I have a swiss travel pass I do not need to buy any ticket till I reach KLEINE SCHEIDEGG. Am I correct in assuming this ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 7:43:38 #861176

Hi Jaggu,

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass, and traveling from Interlaken, you need to buy a ticket from Grindelwald (or Wengen) on to Jungfraujoch. As a Swiss Travel Pass holder, you are entitled to 25% off that ticket price.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘First trip questions – Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.