Five days tour itinerary from Opfikon in March

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2017 at 14:25:11 #810881

I am travelling Switzerland along with my wife in first week of March.

Kindly suggest me 5 days itinerary for Switzerland having base at Opfikon .( Hotel already booked !!!)

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 February 2017 at 17:08:47 #859277

Welcome to MySwissAlps Darshan!

We don’t create itineraries but if you post your plans to the forum we can provide feedback and answer questions. Please start here and share your plans. Our website provides all the information you need to prepare for your trip.

Hope to speak to you later!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 February 2017 at 15:38:10 #859278

Hi, Arno and Annika,

we are going to Switzerland in May. 2nd week to be precise. Will be based in Zurich.Could you please suggest a tour where I can have a good choice of children friendly snow based activities. My children are 12 and 5. From India, not seen snow so far except in artificially made up snow in theme parks. We don’t know skiing. Something like snow tubing and stuff like that. Kindly advise

Thanks in advance

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 February 2017 at 17:04:09 #859279

Hi DrGerald,

A trip to Jungfraujoch would let you and your family see snow certainly, but I don’t believe any mountains will offer snow activities (like tubing or snow showing) in May.
    Here is a link for tours to Jungfraujoch that may interest you.

Here is also a link for popular mountains in Switzerland – the higher the mountain the more snow you will find – most snow activities,however, such as skiing, end in mid to late April.

Perhaps another member can chime in if they know of something that would be available.

Lucas

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 February 2017 at 20:21:16 #859280

Hi DrGerald,

There will be some snow activities at Jungfraujoch from early May to mid October, unless the weather does not allow it. There are also snow activities on Mount Titlis in summer, but I am not sure if this includes May. Please post further questions in a new thread as this is Darshan’s thread. We’ll be glad to help you out there. Thanks!

• The thread ‘Five days tour itinerary from Opfikon in March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.