Flowers used in flower boxes in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 November 2017 at 23:43:38 #813730

Looking at photos on line, I am trying to figure out kinds of flowers used in flower boxes. Balcon geraniums? Cascading geraniums, Alpine geraniums? Asters? petunias? Dead nettles? Delphinium? Daisies?

Any of these not used? Any other flowers that are used?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

fredch
    Participant
    57 posts
    27 November 2017 at 13:18:42 #872324

If you like it and can grow it, it matters not. Marijuana depends on the canton, I expect.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 November 2017 at 4:01:15 #872325

Hi FredCH –

I believe that marijuana might not provide the colors that we see so often.

I am not a flower child, but I recall that geraniums in general are referred.

I suspect that Peterli might be able to help us on the specifics in Cantons Geneva (Genf), Vaud (Waadt), Jura,and parts of Fribourg (Freiburg) and Solothurn (Soleure). Also, on the parts of Canton Wallis (Valais) that do not speak German. And, surely, even more…. 😉

Slowpoke.

• The thread ‘Flowers used in flower boxes in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.