Fly into Zurich or Geneva to get to Lucerne

Fly into Zurich or Geneva to get to Lucerne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Babs
Babs
19 posts
May 5, 2018 - 2:11 PM

My husband and I are spending a week in Lucerne starting the night of May 25. During which We will do a day trip to Mt Titlis and one overnight in Muerren. Should we fly into Zurick and train to Lucerne or fly into Geneva and connect with the scenic train to Lucerne?

I realize we will see a lot of beautiful scenery on our other excursions but is that train ride "not to be missed"

Lucas
Lucas
5666 posts
expert &
May 5, 2018 - 4:06 PM in reply to Babs

Hi Babs,

Flying into Zurich (not Zurick) is much closer to Lucerne so it makes the trip much easier and shorter.

I'm guessing the scenic train from Geneva you are talking about is the Golden Pass? It starts at Montreux and will take you about 6/7 hours to do starting in Geneva. So it really depends on the time you have.

You can use the timetable to plan out the possible trip and see what works for you on your arrival day.

Last modified on May 18, 2018 - 8:22 AM by Arno
Babs
Babs
19 posts
May 5, 2018 - 4:13 PM in reply to Lucas

We would do the Golden Pass even though it is a longer day if it is unique and not to be missed on a trip to Switzerland. Would you do the long ride given the other places we are visiting?

Babs

Lucas
Lucas
5666 posts
expert &
May 5, 2018 - 8:06 PM in reply to Babs

I would try and do it if you don't have any other scenic / panoramic train trips planned during your stay yes. For people who really like scenic train trips I would think it is something to really try and do.

Babs
Babs
19 posts
May 5, 2018 - 8:19 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks so much for your help.

Babs

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018