Fly Rail Baggage Munich to Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2019 at 19:26:20 #819759

We’ll be flying from Munich to Geneva in early September then take a train to Zermatt. I have 2 questions and appreciate any advice.

I’ve read about Fly Rail Baggage where the luggage is tagged and forwarded to Zermatt arriving later the same day. Is it safe and will it arrive? How do we accomplish this?

Something else, so I guess it’s 3 questions. If we decide to take our luggage will we encounter stairs when we change at Visp? We’ll be traveling about 4 weeks so we’re not talking carry on.

Thanks for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 February 2019 at 2:12:58 #903453

Hello Blondee

If I’m not mistaken the Flight Luggage service only operates at Zurich not Geneva airport.

Most stations, and Visp is almost certainly one of them, have ramps, escalators or lifts for people wanting to avoid stairs.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 February 2019 at 4:38:50 #903454

You might find this thread “entertaining”.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 February 2019 at 6:39:13 #903455

It might be slightly quicker to go by train Munich to Zermatt via Zurich rather than fly/train via Geneva! http://www.rome2rio.com/map/M unich/Zermatt

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2019 at 14:43:41 #903456

Dear Blondee,

I agree with Rockoyster’s statement, that taking the train might be the best option.

Have a look at the following link: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/germany

Best.

• The thread ‘Fly Rail Baggage Munich to Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.