Folder to share rail pass Excel spreadsheets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2017 at 15:21:07 #811035

Hi all, this site is a great resource!

I downloaded the Excel spreadsheet and am going to try and load my itinerary to help figure out which pass or combination of passes will work best for us. It occurred to me that many have probably done the same, so perhaps there is a place where people can upload and/or share their worksheets to cut down the time for others to creating one from scratch? For example, once I am done with mine, I would be happy to upload it for others to work from. Our trip will be pretty similar to many others I suspect. Or perhaps there can be an open-source type master worksheet that can be added to with popular routes and activities, so that people can download it and then just delete what they are NOT going to do, as opposed to having to look everything up from scratch? Just throwing an idea out there.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 March 2017 at 15:50:52 #859955

Hi elbarcosr1,

I am glad to hear you like our website! And welcome!

I can see how sharing those spreadsheets can be useful. There isn’t a central place for that purpose, but a good place to share it would be to attach it to your trip report. Do note that prices and pass conditions may change every year, so older spreadsheets won’t be as useful.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2017 at 16:29:07 #859956

Ok, thanks. There may be user error issues too I suppose… Is there a search feature for your forums so I can look up things by search word? I have many questions, but I presume 90% of them have been answered over and over again already.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 March 2017 at 17:10:38 #859957

Hi elbarcosr1,

Sure, there is a search box in the top of the website. It searches across the entire website, not just the forum. I would suggest to start in our main menu. There is lots of information on our website. You only need the forum if you can’t find what you are looking for on our normal pages. If you can’t find an answer, feel free to open a new thread and ask!

• The thread ‘Folder to share rail pass Excel spreadsheets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.