Where to rent a fondue backpack in the Swiss Alps?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 13:50:27 #815930

My family and I (my wife and 17 yo son) will be traveling to Switzerland for the first time later this summer. We are trying to get the full Swiss experience. I had heard somewhere that you can rent a fondue backpack and have a fondue picnic outside overlooking the Alps. We will be staying in Wengen and didn’t know if this existed near there or where you can rent them. Any other unique experiences would be helpful too!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 19:22:25 #885048

Hi KeepFaith,

I hadn’t actually heard of that before but a Google search brought me to the Zermatt tourism website which shows that the Hotel Europe offers the service: https://www.zermatt.ch /en/romance-wedding/Europe-Geschichte-Wellness/Fondue-Picnic

I find the local tourism websites for each town sometimes has interesting suggestions for things to do (that are a little unique). Zermatt.ch, wengen.ch etc. etc.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2018 at 2:00:33 #885049

Thank you so much!! I actually heard about the backpack for the first time from a Swiss Alps tourism tv show in the USA. It looked like such a unique experience that I had to find out more about it. Thank for for doing your research about it!

• The thread ‘Where to rent a fondue backpack in the Swiss Alps?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.