Where to rent a fondue backpack in the Swiss Alps?

Where to rent a fondue backpack in the Swiss Alps?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Keepfaith
Keepfaith
18 posts
May 13, 2018 - 1:50 PM

My family and I (my wife and 17 yo son) will be traveling to Switzerland for the first time later this summer. We are trying to get the full Swiss experience. I had heard somewhere that you can rent a fondue backpack and have a fondue picnic outside overlooking the Alps. We will be staying in Wengen and didn't know if this existed near there or where you can rent them. Any other unique experiences would be helpful too!!

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
May 13, 2018 - 7:22 PM in reply to Keepfaith

Hi KeepFaith,

I hadn't actually heard of that before but a Google search brought me to the Zermatt tourism website which shows that the Hotel Europe offers the service: https://www.zermatt.ch /en/romance-wedding/Europe-Geschichte-Wellness/Fondue-Picnic

I find the local tourism websites for each town sometimes has interesting suggestions for things to do (that are a little unique). Zermatt.ch, wengen.ch etc. etc.

Keepfaith
Keepfaith
18 posts
May 14, 2018 - 2:00 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you so much!! I actually heard about the backpack for the first time from a Swiss Alps tourism tv show in the USA. It looked like such a unique experience that I had to find out more about it. Thank for for doing your research about it!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018