Forex cards & cash in Switzerland

Forex cards & cash in Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
bhappyharsha
bhappyharsha
2 posts
Sep 20, 2017 - 9:30 AM

Hello all,

I have a couple of quick questions regarding Forex.My home country currency (INR) is much less CHF, thus I have to be very watchful of my spends in Europe. I am traveling to Swiss from 18th October to 22nd October and have already purchased Swiss travel pass. I have to pay for food and stay (have reserved an accommodation in Lucerene for these 4 days for CHF390. Here are my questions:

• Is Forex card accepted at all places?
  • Should I carry any cash at all? If yes, what should be the minimum I should carry?
  • I plan to rent shoes @ Mt. Titlis. Do those shops also accept forex cards or should I carry cash?

Thanks,

Sri Harsha

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Sep 20, 2017 - 4:25 PM in reply to bhappyharsha

Hi Sri,

I haven't actually heard of a Forex card before so I had to do some quick research!

It seems they are essentially a Visa or MasterCard and should then be accepted where ever Visa (or Mastercard) is accepted.

I would always keep about 100 Swiss Franc on you in Switzerland as some shops may not accept a credit card.
If the Forex card does work as any other Visa or MasterCard then the hotel should accept it with no problem (best to check with them directly). I would also guess that a clothing/shoe rental shop will accept credit cards as well but I don't know for sure.

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017