Hiking the Engelberg Four Lakes trail, end August

• Maverick
    Participant
    27 posts
    24 August 2019 at 11:16:19 #823555

Hi,

On my second trip to Switzerland that starts in just a week from now, I was planning to cover sections of the four lake hike with shortcuts (cable car/tourist train ) in Engelberg and i would be really grateful if someone can answer a few questions that i have as follows;

1. can we take a cable car from truebsee to jochpass and another cable car to engstlensee? how long is the walk from jochpass to engtlensee?
    2. how much time is required to walk from engstlenalp to tannap? Is that an easy hike?
    3. is there a train between tannap and melchsee-frut and where can i find a time table for it?
    4. what is the best and shortest travel option from melchsee-frut to Engelberg?

thanks!

• The thread ‘Hiking the Engelberg Four Lakes trail, end August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.