Rail pass for Paris and Switzerland, 10 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dsmegmel
dsmegmel
11 posts
May 4, 2017 - 6:42 AM

I want to travel from Paris to Switzerland. 3 days in Paris and 7 days in Switzerland . Please advice on rail tickets. In switzerland I want to visit interlaken Lucerne Geneva (mount titlis jaungfrau Rhine falls). I saw there is 30% discount.

Annika
Annika
5006 posts
expert &
May 4, 2017 - 10:02 AM

Hi dsmegmel,

I'm not sure which 30% discount you're referring to. Could it be the 30 dollar discount on Eurail passes as described here? If so, I don't think a Eurail Pass is your best bet. Assuming you'll be making local trips in Paris, I'd advise:

If you want to calculate which pass is best, you need a detailed list of your plans and follow the guidelines at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

dsmegmel
dsmegmel
11 posts
May 4, 2017 - 2:20 PM in reply to Annika

Thanks. I tried to book ticket from Paris to Basel sbb. Which seat is better for family. From Basel SBB do I have to change train again?

Annika
Annika
5006 posts
expert &
May 4, 2017 - 2:44 PM

Hi dsmegmel,

I advise to book tickets through one of the retailers listed at myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france/price.

Whether or not you have to change trains after Basel, depends on your destination (Interlaken? Lucerne?) and the exact connection you pick. You can find them all in the timetable: myswissalps.com/timeta ble.

Last modified on May 5, 2017 - 5:25 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019