Rail pass for Paris and Switzerland, 10 days

Rail pass for Paris and Switzerland, 10 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dsmegmel
dsmegmel
11 posts
May 4, 2017 - 6:42 AM

I want to travel from Paris to Switzerland. 3 days in Paris and 7 days in Switzerland . Please advice on rail tickets. In switzerland I want to visit interlaken Lucerne Geneva (mount titlis jaungfrau Rhine falls). I saw there is 30% discount.

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
May 4, 2017 - 10:02 AM

Hi dsmegmel,

I'm not sure which 30% discount you're referring to. Could it be the 30 dollar discount on Eurail passes as described here? If so, I don't think a Eurail Pass is your best bet. Assuming you'll be making local trips in Paris, I'd advise:

If you want to calculate which pass is best, you need a detailed list of your plans and follow the guidelines at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

dsmegmel
dsmegmel
11 posts
May 4, 2017 - 2:20 PM in reply to Annika

Thanks. I tried to book ticket from Paris to Basel sbb. Which seat is better for family. From Basel SBB do I have to change train again?

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
May 4, 2017 - 2:44 PM

Hi dsmegmel,

I advise to book tickets through one of the retailers listed at myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france/price.

Whether or not you have to change trains after Basel, depends on your destination (Interlaken? Lucerne?) and the exact connection you pick. You can find them all in the timetable: myswissalps.com/timeta ble.

Last modified on May 5, 2017 - 5:25 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018