Rail pass for Paris and Switzerland, 10 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 6:42:26 #811674

I want to travel from Paris to Switzerland. 3 days in Paris and 7 days in Switzerland . Please advice on rail tickets. In switzerland I want to visit interlaken Lucerne Geneva (mount titlis jaungfrau Rhine falls). I saw there is 30% discount.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 May 2017 at 10:02:37 #862768

Hi dsmegmel,

I’m not sure which 30% discount you’re referring to. Could it be the 30 dollar discount on Eurail passes as described here? If so, I don’t think a Eurail Pass is your best bet. Assuming you’ll be making local trips in Paris, I’d advise:

If you want to calculate which pass is best, you need a detailed list of your plans and follow the guidelines at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 14:20:04 #862769

Thanks. I tried to book ticket from Paris to Basel sbb. Which seat is better for family. From Basel SBB do I have to change train again?

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 May 2017 at 14:44:15 #862770

Hi dsmegmel,

I advise to book tickets through one of the retailers listed at myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france/price.

Whether or not you have to change trains after Basel, depends on your destination (Interlaken? Lucerne?) and the exact connection you pick. You can find them all in the timetable: myswissalps.com/timeta ble.

• The thread ‘Rail pass for Paris and Switzerland, 10 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.