Frankfurt to Lucerne via Basel – seat reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2020 at 16:01:05 #825670

I have DB from Frankfurt to Lucern, i had paid for seats as well. I had got for seat reservation from Frankfurt to Basel but no seat reservation from Basel to Lucerne. What should i do ? Can i sit anywhere in the Swiss leg of journey ? My bookings are in 1st class

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    31 August 2020 at 6:10:03 #934206

Hi swissjunkiez,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is no need to make a seat reservation on Swiss trains (exception on selected scenic trains). As long as you have a valid ticket you can sit wherever you like in 1st class. Just make sure it’s not a reserved seat – this info is usually indicated at the window or top of the seat. For more tips and insights about travelling on Swiss trains, have a look at this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/howtotravel

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2020 at 22:15:11 #934207

You don’t mention if you are on a through train, or are changing trains in Basel. If you are on a thorugh train you can just stay in your seat, it is only 1 hour from Basel to Luzern, and hardly anyone ever reserves seats in Swiss inter city trains

• The thread ‘Frankfurt to Lucerne via Basel – seat reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.