Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts

• Arno
    15482 posts
    5 October 2018 at 15:41:13 #818600

Hi everyone,

The SBB tourist web shop (Switzerland Travel Centre) offers free seat reservations to Jungfraujoch and back (CHF 10 value), plus a free Swiss Coupon Pass (CHF 39 value) for discounts on attractions and restaurants throughout Switzerland.

This is how it works:

1. Order Swiss Travel Passes and tickets to Jungfraujoch via their website:
    2. Once the order is completed, you will receive an e-mail with further instructions and separate personal promo codes to book free seat reservations, and to get the free Swiss Coupon Pass. The seat reservation code does not have an expiration date.

Further information:

Please note:

• You will get free seat reservations for all travelers you purchased a Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfraujoch ticket for. This includes children who travel for free with the Swiss Family Card;
    • The Jungfraujoch ticket date does not necessarily need to be within the period of validity of the Swiss Travel Pass. As long as you buy them together it is alright. Of course you do not get a discount on the Jungfraujoch ticket if you don’t have a valid Swiss Travel Pass for that day;
    • You will receive one Swiss Coupon Pass, mostly with “2 for 1” offers;
    • This offer is only available via the website mentioned above;
    • All products will be send to you via e-mail;
    • This promotion is available for purchase until 31 December 2020. You can travel later (whenever your pass is valid).

Enjoy your journeys!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    5 October 2018 at 16:46:33 #897285

Just curious….is there ever a time where the Swiss Travel Passes go “On Sale” ?

Thanks!

Arno
    15482 posts
    5 October 2018 at 16:55:27 #897286

Hi Luvmystang,

There are different kinds of sales: getting something extra (like the promotion discussed here), getting extra travel days (that’s being offered to travelers from India and Brazil right now), and discounts on the pass itself.

Promotions come and go. It’s hard to predict when the next promo will be available, for which pass it is, and which market, as it’s sometimes for residents of particular countries only. You can find promotions (if there are any) here at all times: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/promotio ns.

luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    5 October 2018 at 17:05:47 #897287

Thank you…I’ll keep checking the promotions site.

Ranell
    Participant
    4 posts
    9 October 2018 at 2:42:42 #897288

I have a question about this. It says the promotion is through June 30, 2019. Does that mean I have to purchase it by then or that I have to use it by then? I will be vacationing there in July, 2019.

Arno
    15482 posts
    9 October 2018 at 13:44:34 #897289

Hi Ranell, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You’ll have to purchase by then, but you can travel later.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 October 2018 at 10:30:34 #897290

Hello Arno,

1. I am planning to buy this pass for 4 days for my trip from 30th Oct to 4th Nov. is it the best option?

2. Also is it like if i buy this pass, suppose for 4 days for 246 euro it will include free reservations to Jungfraujoch and swiss coupon pass all at the same price of 246 euro?

Thanks

Arno
    15482 posts
    10 October 2018 at 10:50:51 #897291

Hi Ma573rm1nd, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. The Swiss Travel Pass is the most comprehensive and convenient pass for Switzerland, but whether it is the best/cheapest choice for you depends on your travel plans. Please find this explained at http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

2. Yes, if you buy the pass AND tickets to Jungfraujoch. Only then you will get the free seat reservations and the Swiss Coupon Pass. Please see my first post for details on how it works.

Ranell
    Participant
    4 posts
    10 October 2018 at 23:08:02 #897292

Hello. I need your advice. I have been told to leave my plans flexible in regard to Jungfraujoch because it could be cloudy at any time. In this way, we could do an alternate city and double back on a day it is not cloudy. However, you have to buy these tickets to Jungfraujoch in advance, don’t you? When do you think I should book this? We are traveling there at the beginning of July, 2019. Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 October 2018 at 5:46:46 #897293

Hi Ranell,

No, you don’t have to buy tickets or reservations to the Jungfraujoch in advance. Reservations are not mandatory but they can be handy in July and August as the train can be full at peak times (or you’ll have to wait for the next train). If you want to buy tickets in advance (and reservations) look here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets

This may not be critical for you and if you can go on the first train in the morning it isn’t often full even in July.

Ranell
    Participant
    4 posts
    11 October 2018 at 14:19:00 #897294

Wonderful! Thank you so much for this information.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2018 at 6:37:38 #897295

Sorry Ranell,

Just to be clear about the promotion though: to take advantage of it the tickets have to purchased in advance along with the Swiss Travel Pass.

If you have no interest in the promo then of course the tickets can be purchased whenever preferred.

Ranell
    Participant
    4 posts
    12 October 2018 at 17:41:43 #897296

Okay. Thank you for that clarification, Lucas.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2018 at 13:21:36 #897297

Hi,

I will be travelling to Switzerland with my wife and 2 year old daughter on 19th October for 4 days.

I will be buying 4 days Swiss travel pass and looking forward to buy with this promotion online. Below are my doubts/ Concerns : –

1. The delivery time for @printHome tickets show as 3 days. So if I buy it today will there be a gaurantee that i will get the tickets in my email till 18th and if I don’t get then what to do. I was guessing this should have been instant but was a bit surprised to see the delivery time of 3 days.

2. Will I be getting a family card for my 2 year old daughter in a printable format or do I need to collect it from the station. The reason I am asking this is because while buying the jungfrau ticket do i need to buy any additional ticket for my daughter?

For example I went to the above website and selected 2 Swiss travel pass for 4 days (CHF 540)and selected two tickets for “Grindelwald – Wengen” ( CHF 274 )

So the total came up = CHF 814.

So should I go ahead and buy the ticket if I have understood the promotion right and then I receive further instructions in my email for Swiss digital coupon pass.

Thanks,

Santosh

Arno
    15482 posts
    16 October 2018 at 13:46:56 #897298

Hi Santosh,

1. The Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Card will be delivered within 5 minutes via e-mail, if ordered separately. However, the tickets to Jungfraujoch take longer, that’s why you see that message. You can order this combination of products with a starting date of October 19 or later. You’ll receive everything via e-mail.

2. Children under 6 years old travel for free without any tickets or passes. You do not even need the Swiss Family Card.

Should you have any issues you’ll find contact information here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/sbb. There’s a good chance you’ll receive the e-mail on the 18th but it’s not guaranteed. If you receive it on the 19th you can print the passes and tickets at the airport or in your hotel.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2018 at 14:12:38 #897299

Hi Arno,

Many thanks for speedy reply.

So to qualify for promotion I don’t need to buy the Swiss travel pass and Jungfrau ticket together right ?

If thats the case then I will buy Swiss travel passess first and then Jungfrau tickets separately later because I am planning to go to Jungfrau on 21st October.

So if I am not wrong then I will get the promotion email after buying the Jungfrau ticket ?

Also I can’t see an option to pay it in GBP on their website. I do have a Starling mastercard though which I can use to pay in CHF but not sure if the website has their own exchange rates or will it be mastercard exchange rate. Any ideas on this front will help as well?

Many Thanks,

Santosh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2018 at 17:55:32 #897300

Hi Santosh,

The promotion is set up for people to buy the Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfraujoch tickets at the same time. If you are sure you are traveling to Jungfraujoch on the 21st then that shouldn’t be a problem for you/

There is a button on the bottom of the screen (after selecting proceed to checkout) to change the order to GBP.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2018 at 14:59:09 #897301

Hi.

We are getting ready to purchase right now the Swiss travel pass for 8 days beginning for travel on November 1.

1. Is there a big difference between first and 2nd class? Is first class worth the extras at this time of year? I’m assuming it’s kind of the off season so there might not be as many crowds on the trains?

2. We can still take advantage of the Jungfraujoch excursion even if we don’t know our actual day of wanting to go? When it says you receive “seat reservations” that is a bit confusing if you don’t actually know your date or time of travel yet? Is it just a voucher you redeem at a later time on the day you decide to go?

Any clarification on this would be appreciated. Thank you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2018 at 15:57:27 #897302

Hi JHStubbs and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Not a big difference between 1st and 2nd class no. Usually fewer people and more space for luggage. Boats have bigger difference as 1st class is the top (open) deck. http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/2nd1stcl ass
    2. Seat reservations would be made for a specific date and time
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2018 at 5:44:38 #897303

Thank you for your quick response. I do have one more question. My understanding is that the Swiss Travel pass gets you free train travel in Switzerland. So if does that why is the special with a purchase a ticket to Jungfraujoch? Wouldn’t that be included in the Swiss Travel pass? Also, where does this ticket originate from when it goes to Jungfraujoch? Can you depart from Bern to there?

Thanks again for your help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2018 at 6:39:36 #897304

Hi JHStubbs,

The Swiss Travel Pass doesn’t fully cover most mountain transport. Jungfraujoch, for example, is discounted 25% with the STP from either Wengen or Grindelwald. You can see routes covered (and mountains) on our Swiss Travel Pass validity page here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

This promotion is for free reservations which is different than a ticket.

The train reservation to Jungfraujoch is only available from Kleine Scheidegg. If you have a reservation though they will make sure you are on the appropriate connection (from either Wengen or Grindelwald).

If you aren’t familiar with the routes to Jungfraujoch look on our page here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e

You can buy a ticket at Bern station for the entire trip (which is free until Wengen or Grindelwald, so they would sell you a ticket for Wengen or Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch at the 25% discount. Your Swiss Travel Pass is your ticket from Bern to either of those towns.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 163 total)
  • The thread ‘Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.