Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2018 at 23:39:03 #897344

Hi Lucus and experts here,

I am visiting Switzerland in Jan 2019 with my husband and it will be his first trip to the Switzerland!

I am a bit confused about the promotion for Swiss Travel Pass and Jungfrau excursion.

What does the excursion includes? I cannot find information on it… Maybe my search words are wrong.

Does it includes all the gondola/cablecar rides up to Jungfrau?

I will be travelling from Spiez train station. Can you advice me which route is recommended?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2018 at 7:46:36 #897345

Hi Lynneth88 and welcome!

Arno’s post (the first one on this thread) should clarify everything for you.

For those who buy Swiss Travel Passes and tickets to Jungfraujoch, you’ll also receive free reservations for the trip to Jungfraujoch (from Wengen or Grindelwald) as well as the Swiss coupon Book.

You can find connections to Jungfraujoch on the SBB timetable here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Just enter Spiez to Jungfraujoch. You can see directions to Jungfraujoch here as well: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2019 at 16:11:24 #897346

Hello,

We are a family of 4 (husband, myself and our two girls aged 12 and 8) travelling to Switzerland in April. I want to buy the Jungfraujoch promotion along with the 4-day pass, but I face the following questions:

1. I am unable to place an order for the family card, please can you guide on where I can add that ( I know it does not have a cost, but I understand we need to have it for our girls to travel with us free of cost).

2. In the Jungfrauch ticket, do I not enter the children details under the number of people travelling? If I add them, an additional cost is getting added to this. Am I missing something?

3. Will I have the ticket ( alteast the pass) on email immediately since I would need this for visa processing tomorrow!

Thanks in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2019 at 14:18:23 #897347

Hi Arno,

Thanks for this information. Would this promotion (and STP) cover all traveling costs from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch? In the interest of time and budget, we were leaning to go to Schilthorn since travel costs are completely included with the STP, but we may try to squeeze both in with this promotion.

Are there any other costs of Jungfraujoch that we should be aware of that isn’t covered with this promotion (admission fees, etc.)

Thanks for your time!

Cory

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2019 at 5:58:02 #897348

Hi,

just to check I just booked STP until I saw this offer.

if I book the Jungfrau now at their website again, do I stand a chance on free reservation ?

If not may I know how to reserve seats separately??

thx

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2019 at 15:27:22 #897349

Hi, i

guess that was my another silly question again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2019 at 22:01:01 #897350

I think I found the answer to my question a previous post on this thread. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2019 at 9:59:15 #897351

Hello Anil Nythya,

Sorry for missing your post, I hope this hasn’t had any impact on planning your trip.

Regarding your questions:

1. You can purchase the Swiss Family Card following this link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw issfamilycard/price

2. Correct. You DON’T enter the children when purchasing the ticket, it should say so on the page “children who own a Swiss Family Card travel free of charge and don’t need a further ticket”.

3. Yes, when you buy the passes online you normally get a PDF right away and thus have it handy. Also in case of loss this is the best option.

Hope your planning is going ahead, we’re here for further support.

Best,
    Steph

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 March 2019 at 10:36:32 #897352

Hi Weiping76,

That’s not a silly question, no worries 🙂 If you purchased your pass through the website in my original post (http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/free-reservations-to-jungfraujoch-more-discounts), you can now book your Jungfraujoch tickets via that same website. Then get in touch with them and let them know your order numbers: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/sbb. This way you’ll have a good chance they can still arrange for the free reservations and Swiss Coupon Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2019 at 19:47:44 #897353

So I will be in CH at the beginning of July and was attempting to purchase the STP with Jungfraujoch promotion but it looks like you have to pick an exact day to use the Jungfraujoch tickets. Is that correct or can I use it any time? We will purchasing Swiss Travel Pass Flex for 8 days and will be in Interlaken for 3 days so would prefer not to lock in the day until i know the weather.

Thanks much!

Laura

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 2:39:00 #897354

Hi Steph,

Many thanks for your very clear reply. I shall now go ahead and book for the Jungfrauch trip only marking my husband and me as travellers with the understanding that the kids with a family pass travel for free.

Thanks once again!

Cheers,
    Nithya

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 9:32:55 #897355

Thank you for understanding and patience in replying to me.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2019 at 14:35:25 #897356

Hi Lnboudart,

In Arnos first post (http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/free-reservations-to-jungfraujoch-more-discounts) you can read that the offer is available for purchase until the 30th of June, which could be a close enough possibility to keep en eye on the weather in your case.

I don’t know if changing the date after purchasing a promotion will work.

http://www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast

Best,
    Steph

Bstone2022
    Participant
    5 posts
    15 March 2019 at 2:02:25 #897357

I am confused about what this discount includes. Do I buy a Swiss Pass and a ticket to Jungfrau and then receive a reimbursement for the ticket to Jungfrau?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2019 at 4:19:44 #897358

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable information on the Jungfraujoch promotion.

We are travelling from Australia in mid April and were looking to buy the STP in advance. Reading thru the threads on the forum, it seems to be best to book the Jungfraujoch tickets only once we are sure about the weather there. Couple of questions around the pass/tickets for Jungfarujoch :

We are going to be based as Wengen to do a day trip to Jungrfaujoch.

1. Can we buy the tickets a day prior to the Jungfaujoch trip ?

2. Will we get the 25% discount since we have the STP, when booked from wengen?

3. Will we also be able to take advantage of the offer on seat reservation if we book it a day in advance?

4. Are the jungfraujoch tickets flexible when purchased online? I saw a couple of sites but no where it mentions that the ticket can be used flexibly.

Thanks in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2019 at 13:08:16 #897359

Hi Bstone2022,

I’ll try to clarify.

1. You BUY a Swiss Travel Pass AND a ticket to the Jungfraujoch.
    2. You then receive a FREE seat reservation for the Jungfraujoch AND a Swiss Coupon Pass for FREE.

Does this make things clear?!

Hope so. If not, please ask.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2019 at 13:19:10 #897360

Hi Adi148,

In Arnos first post (http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/free-reservations-to-jungfraujoch-more-discounts) at the bottom you will see that this promotion is available for purchase until the 30th of June 2019.

Your questions 1 – 3 can thus be answered with a clear YES as you will be able to buy this promotion online, even when you are already in the area.
    I am not sure about the Swiss Coupon Pass in this case, however, as this is a paper booklet and I don’t know how they would get it to you in such a case.
    shop.switzerlandtravel centre.com/#/en/produc t/swis sCouponPass

Question 4 – When buying tickets to the Jungfraujoch you buy them for a specific date. Check here for details:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets

Hope this answers all your questions. If not, we’re here.

Best,
    Steph

Bstone2022
    Participant
    5 posts
    18 March 2019 at 1:32:32 #897361

Just to make sure I am understanding this right. Buying a ticket to Jungfrau does not normally include a seat reservation? How much do they usually cost? I am still trying to work out the math to see if it is worth getting this over the regional Oberland pass. There are only two trains I will take that would not be covered by the regional pass: one from Basel to Interlocken and then Interlocken to Milan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 6:52:46 #897362

Hi Btone2022,

Correct, the seat reservation is normally NOT included in the ticket to the Jungfraujoch.

Check regular prices for the reservation through the link under “More on other websites” here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets

And don’t forget about the Swiss Coupon Pass which is also part of this offer. Check my above link for details.

Happy calculating.

Best,
    Steph

Sandy202
    Participant
    4 posts
    11 April 2019 at 7:07:43 #897363

Hi,
    I am arriving in Zürich on 22 May and wish to buy Swiss travel pass for myself, my wife and my daughter, who is 16 years old.
    The website shows passes for youth applicable for 16 year old youth (Swiss Travel Pass Youth: 15% off the pass price for youths/students up to 25 (inclusive)). However, while booking tickets for Jungfraaujoch, I have been informed by email that 16 year olds will be treated as adults.
    Could you please advise me whether I should buy a youth travel pass for my daughter (date of birth is 14 Jan 03) or an adult travel pass.
    I shall be grateful for your inputs.
    Thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 164 total)
  • The thread ‘Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.