Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 June 2019 at 6:47:17 #897384

Hi Whit,

That’s unfortunate, I didn’t know that handling e-mails on phones can be an issue. I’m afraid you’ll have to go back to STC for a work around, as I don’t know. Well, I suppose you can receive the e-mail when you’re in your hotel, so you could then retrieve the code. Not ideal, and it won’t work while on the move, but it’s a way to do it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2019 at 9:01:04 #897385

Hihi

May I confirm that the purchase of the Jungfrau ticket doesnt require a fixed date? It’s an open ticket with validity period? Just to make sure.

2) how much is the regular reservation fee cost for Jungfrau?

3) I understand that the swiss travel pass included also free accesses to many museums too. What are the discount under Swiss discount coupon that not already cover under STP?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 June 2019 at 9:15:06 #897386

Hi Anna,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

1) It does require a fixed date.

2) The normal fee is CHF 5 per one way per person. Note that it’s optional to reserve, it guarantees you a specific departure time.

3) For Swiss Travel Pass discounts, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity. I don’t have much details about the Swiss Coupon Pass, but in general the discounts are more geared to entrance fees and restaurants and don’t duplicate with the Swiss Travel Pass that much. You can take a look at http://www.yumpu.com/en/embed /view/7kyrsRQdNLhbmTG9. I’m not sure if that’s fully up to date to be honest. Please also check the link in my original message: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/free-reservations-to-jungfraujoch-more-discounts. They used to have a detailed booklet in that link but it’s gone I think.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2019 at 12:32:50 #897387

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the reply. I check the link to the coupon, all expired in oct/nov 2018 though.

Whit
    Participant
    15 posts
    1 June 2019 at 19:36:57 #897388

My Jungfrau ticket came without a fixed date, although it has a date range of many weeks. I did ask if it was or could be an open ticket, and got the response that it was. It had however been put in the mail before I asked about this. So apparently an open ticket with a date range is normal now at least when STC issues it with the Swiss Pass.

Also, I have learned that the promo is not good with the Flex Pass. But one of our passes is standard, not flex, thus we got it.

Whit

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2019 at 14:20:21 #897389

Hi Anna19,

Here’s the link to the Swiss Coupon Pass 2019.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2019 at 18:00:15 #897390

Hi…How much time required to spend on Jungfraujoch as I will be staying at Basel and want to cover in one day.

Thanks

Whit
    Participant
    15 posts
    3 June 2019 at 18:10:53 #897391

You’ll have a total travel time of something like 4 hours each way. If you’re up at the top for an hour or two, that should be plenty. But at busy times of day in busy times of the year, if you check the reservation system, there won’t always be seats on the train to the top and back. So advanced reservations on that might be useful.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2019 at 18:34:16 #897392

Thanks for quick response.

If I have Swiss Travel Pass do I still need to reserve the seats? Is there extra price to pay for reservation? Is it refundable?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2019 at 22:43:08 #897393

Thanks for reply. Did you ask to input date during purchase?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2019 at 22:43:46 #897394

Thanks Steph!

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 June 2019 at 6:14:48 #897395

Hi Agarwal ashi,

Seat reservations are optional and always extra on top of any pass or ticket: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets. Reservations are not refundable.

Please open a new thread for further questions that are not about this promotion. Thanks!

Whit
    Participant
    15 posts
    4 June 2019 at 13:45:03 #897396

Anna,

I purchased the Jungfraujoch ticket at the same time as two passes (one standard, the other flex), and input the same “Start Date” on the STC website for all three. But the Jungfraujoch ticket — thankfully — came with a date range on it rather than a fixed date.

There was a complication, that I’d entered the wrong Start Date for the passes, and then urgently contacted STC to have that corrected before they went out. But there was no discussion of the date for the Jungfraujoch ticket before it was mailed with the others.

If I were STC, I might want to offer a more complete FAQ about details like this.

Whit

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2019 at 15:17:10 #897397

Thanks Whit.

Exactly, it should be clearly on the offer. Now we have 2 scenarios for the offer. I’m not sure I should go ahead to buy. My trip is in Aug. Worry about the weather but at the same time, its peak season. I’m holding back the purchase of the STP because of this.

If only they could confirm it’s open date like your case, I would proceed to get them now.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 June 2019 at 15:50:10 #897398

Hi Anna,

It’s not an open date ticket. Whit got an open date ticket after getting in touch with STC. You may want to do the same, but I cannot guarantee how that turns out.

Note that reservations are not required. It’s optional if you want a guaranteed departure time. If you travel on a busy August day you can buy your ticket the prior day, to be sure. That will guarantee you can go up, just not a guaranteed time, so you may need to wait longer. Reservations can also be purchased locally, but then you need to pay for them as this promotion is only for online advanced purchase.

You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass from many retailers: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. Only STC is offering this promo though.

Whit
    Participant
    15 posts
    4 June 2019 at 16:14:17 #897399

Hi Arno,

What you say is not the case. While I did get in touch with STC to ask about this, that was only the day _after_ they’d already mailed the ticket. I did ask the day after if it was an open ticket, and if I could exchange it if it was not. Robert at STC said it would be an open ticket. The ticket I received, which again they’d mailed the day before I asked about this, was indeed an open ticket.

So unless they managed to retrieve the package Swiss Post had already picked up the day before and substitute tickets, what they were sending me, without my asking them about it, was an open ticket. I know it had been picked up because I phoned the prior day to be sure that the Start Date on the passes had been changed per my request, and a woman was able to tell me both that the Start Date had been fixed, and that the tickets were already out with Swiss Post.

It’s possible Robert, prior to my asking about it, had the foresight to send an open ticket just in this one instance. It wasn’t discussed between us before he sent it though.

Best,

Whit

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 June 2019 at 16:31:18 #897400

Hi Whit,

Thanks for explaining that. It sounds like they sent you a paper ticket to begin with, which is not standard practice. Their paper tickets are indeed open dated, and their print@home tickets have a fixed date. Unless they recently changed that, I am not an STC staff member 🙂 By default, their Jungfraujoch ticket is a print@home ticket with a fixed date. I’d like to see that changed though. Open dated is what we want for mountain trips.

Whit
    Participant
    15 posts
    4 June 2019 at 17:00:06 #897401

Hi Arno,

That makes sense. Yes I required paper tickets since the Flex Pass is not available as a print@home. There’s always the option of paper tickets, although that’s either 20 francs mailed to the US, or 15 francs to be picked up at an airport.

If I’d done the print@home thing, my initial error with the Start Date would have been more serious. I also recall seeing that tickets they mail are sometimes exchangeable, while print@home never are. When “sometimes” is was not specified though.

Whit

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2019 at 11:34:30 #897402

Re coupon booklet:

I have read that the coupon booklet one gets with offer, expires in November. We are going 11th of December. Swiss Travel say that we will get a new booklet code when it comes out but it is very ambiguous.

1. How long have we got to use code/s to claim reservation and/or booklet?

2. Do we get two codes one for Jungfraujoch booking and one for booklet? A personal code is mentioned in this strand.

3. If this is the case if code doesn’t expire we could claim booklet when new one comes out?

(If we have already claimed a booklet then I can’t imagine they would send us another code???)

4. If the same then would we have to wait to book Jungfraujoch until new booklet out?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 June 2019 at 6:39:07 #897403

Hi Tijoco,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

You’ll get two separate codes. There’s no expiration date, but the current code for the Swiss Coupon Pass is only for the 2019 version, which is valid until late November.

I recommend to order closer to your travel date. I just found out that this promotion will be extended until the end on 2019.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 164 total)
  • The thread ‘Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.