Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2019 at 19:00:57 #897424

Hi,

This is great offer which will save me atleast CHF 10 pp, but not sure how long this offer will last for. We are planning to Switzerland in Oct 10th and thinking on taking a trip to Jungfraujoch either 12th or 13th . Based on the other posts I understand that the weather cannot be predictable till very last moment. Also for some other mountain trips it says we need to have reservations made. What if the weather not permits and what happens to our reservations. Can we change the plan. Do we get refund, etc.

Annika
    7115 posts
    16 August 2019 at 5:35:27 #897425

Hi Swisslover19, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The duration of this offer is described in Arno’s original post: “This promotion is available for purchase until 31 December 2019. You can travel later (whenever your pass is valid).” So you can definitely use it for your journey in October. Weather indeed is unpredictable, so it’s up to you to decide whether or not you’re comfortable with booking seat reservations. Note that October isn’t high season anymore, so I don’t expect trains to be that busy. If you’re hesitant, you can just buy a separate Swiss Travel Pass through any of the retailers listed at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

I don’t know where you’ve read that you need reservations for other mountain trips. You don’t need them. Some mountain transportation companies offer a kind of boarding pass which can be reserved in advance, but that’s not obligatory and definitely not needed when traveling in October. Please refer to the “Tickets” tabs of each of our mountain pages: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/naturalsites/ mountains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2019 at 12:43:01 #897426

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your reply. I mean to say some panaromic trains like golden pass, glacier express etc. for those trains it’s listed as reservations mandatory. What if we don’t have reservation are we still allowed to board the train except we don’t have assigned seats.

Annika
    7115 posts
    16 August 2019 at 14:03:51 #897427

Hi Swisslover19,

Yes, the Glacier Express and Bernina Express do require seat reservations. They’re recommended, but not obligatory, for part of the Golden Pass route. You shouldn’t board trains that require seat reservations if you haven’t arranged for them. Although you will be able to board, you may be asked to leave your seats or get off the train if you can’t show valid seat reservations to the train conductor. Please refer to:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2019 at 0:52:22 #897428

Good morning

thank you for getting back to me on my other question. Really appreciate it with all your knowledge.

Bit confused: we are travelling to Switzerland mid January and looking at buying a Swiss travel pass for 8 days. I see if I purchase this before Dec 31st and also purchase a Jungfraujoch ticket I will receive free seat reservation and the 2-1 booklet.

to clarify- the 8 day rail pass is 416 Chf and Jungfraujoch ticket 176 chf. So the total would be 592 chf per person?

Or do I have it wrong 🤔

how much would the ticket be return to Jungfraujoch if I didn’t purchase the special?

I may have it all wrong and the more I read the more confused I’m getting 😁. Thank you again for clarifying my question.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2019 at 11:36:40 #897429

Hi Sval,

to get the free seat reservation, you need to purchase your tickets at the SBB tourist webshop:

The Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days costs 418 CHF per person, the Jungfraujoch tickets is around 120 CHF (depending on the way you are traveling). You should tick the Swiss Travel Pass box. I think you haven’t’ done that, this is why you have a higher price.

The price of the Jungfraujoch ticket would be the same without the promotion. What you earn with this promotion, it is the free seat reservation (value of 10 CHF per person) + the Swiss Coupon Pass for discounts on attractions and restaurants throughout Switzerland ( https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/#/e n/product/swissCouponP ass) value of 49 CHF.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2019 at 21:44:52 #897430

Thank you so much for clarifying this. I just wasn’t 100% sure. Really appreciate you getting back to me so soon. 😁

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 October 2019 at 10:18:21 #897431

Hi guys

I was just looking at purchasing the Swiss Travel Pass in the next week or so but when I went in to book the Jungfraujoch dates, At the moment they are only up to 14.12.19. We won’t be travelling in the Jungfrau region until mid January.

was hoping to purchase all tickets early so there was enough time for the Swiss coupon booklet to be delivered to us.

so I’m assuming I won’t be able to buy the pass until our dates are ready to choose?

thanks 😊

Arno
    15479 posts
    13 October 2019 at 17:39:29 #897432

Hi Sval,

There will be a new timetable from mid December, so that’s why you can’t buy those tickets yet. I recommend to try again by the end of October.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2019 at 4:36:31 #897433

Good Afternoon

can I ask what you think of the Swiss coupon pass booklet?

would you think it’s worth buying one?

thinking we are going to purchase our Jungfrau rail pass over there in case the weather isn’t in our favour on that day we book for but just wandering if we were to still purchase the book.

kind regards

Anna
    6351 posts
    26 October 2019 at 7:54:19 #897434

Hi Sval,

The Swiss Coupon Pass booklet cost CHF49 if you purchase it on its own without any promotion. The coupons are mainly for 2-for-1 deals in restaurants, museum entrance, guided tours, etc. You can find more details here and in Arno’s first post in this thread: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/free-reservations-to-jungfraujoch-more-discounts.

Best regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2019 at 15:36:09 #897435

Hi, I have added 2 Swiss Travel Passes and a Swiss Family Card (2 children) to my Cart. I understand I have to add the Jungfraujoch pass as well. It is asking me for a date. I think I can pinpoint a date but depending on weather I may want to slide a day or two on either side of the preferred date. How important is the travel date? Is it set in stone? Can I cange and still make use of the promotion? Any other considerations? Phil

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 January 2020 at 7:17:38 #897436

Hi Walph65 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

you need to travel on your chosen date, you cannot change it because of the weather once you have bought it.

Read more about the weather in Switzerland at http://www.myswissalps.com/weather and http://www.myswissalps.com/weather/forecast.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2020 at 3:11:35 #897437

We are travelling to Switzerland in March and will be purchasing the Swiss Travel Pass. Im interested in purchasing the ticket to Jungfraujoch as well. In order to get the promo do we need to know what date we are going to travel up to Jungfraujoch or is it an open date. Just that when you look at the window to purchase the ticket it asks for a travel date. As yet we dont know what day we will be going to Jungfraujoch so can we still purchase this without knowing the date we are going?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2020 at 20:25:26 #897438

Hello Wooly,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

In order to get the promotion, you need to know the date you will going to Jungfraujoch plus you will have to purchase the Swiss Travel Pass simultaneously. The dates to the Jungfraujoch are NOT open and cannot be changed. Therefore, I would only buy the Jungfraujoch ticket when you are sure the weather is ideal. You will get 25% off the Jungfraujoch ticket when you purchase the Swiss Travel Pass. Details of the Jungfraujoch and the Swiss Travel Pass is outlined here:

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Suzanne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2020 at 18:54:47 #897439

Do you have to know the date you are traveling to Jungfraujoch? We are spending 3 days in Wengen in late May and would like the option of changing days if the weather is prohibitive.

Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2020 at 18:59:24 #897440

Hi Kimmarie914 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you need to know the date of visiting the Jungfraujoch with this promotion, as you need to buy the ticket for a specific date. Once you have bought it, you cannot change it because of the weather.

See also:

Angel7105
    Participant
    65 posts
    16 February 2020 at 14:52:34 #897441

Hi

My trip plan to jungfraujoch fall on 17/05 from launterburnne. I understand we still need to monitor the weather . Can i buy the ticket at launterbrunnen , in last minute ?

Angel7105

Arno
    15479 posts
    16 February 2020 at 19:02:10 #897442

Hi Angel7105,

You can buy tickets whenever and wherever you like; the system is very flexible. Specifically for Jungfraujoch, there is a small risk that maximum capacity for the last section to the top is reached on days with beautiful weather. Reservations for that section are useful for such days to secure your visit, and in general if you want to prevent waiting times. Please see:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2020 at 4:33:21 #897443

Hi Steph,

I’m still not very clear about your answer for point 4.

I’m arriving in Interlaken on March 10 and would like to do a Jungfrau trip (Wengen-Grindelwald) on any of the the following dates when the weather is clear.

March 10, 11 or 12

I also want to avail the offer of Free ticket reservation and Swiss Coupon Pass. What should I do? Should I book the Jungfrau pass for March 10 and reserve a seat on March 10 or 11 or 12 depending on the weather?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 164 total)
  • The thread ‘Free reservations to Jungfraujoch & more discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.