Free scenic mountain trains with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2018 at 14:46:19 #814279

Hi, I am going to Switzerland between 28th March and 4th April. Looking to cover the high altitude mountain rides which are 100% covered by the pass to make the best use of it. Wanted to experience scenic snow views with an option to get down at wish. Your advice will be very helpful.

Planning to stay 3 days in Chur, 3 days in interlaken and 2 days in Lugano.. But this is something I can change even now if not ideal.

Also, Do you know how are the chances for promotions for swiss pass before March end?

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2018 at 19:07:25 #875842

Hi Vasu1264 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass covers most trains in Switzerland fully – but not the trips right up into the mountains (like Jungfraujoch). You can see a PDF map of the routes covered (and a list of mountains that are covered fully and partially) here.

What are your plans for Chur? 3 days is a long time in Chur unless you have something specific already planned? One option from Chur would be the Glacier Express where you will go quite high and see a lot of snow enroute to Zermatt. For snowy mountain scenery I might not head for Lugano either – perhaps Lucerne would be a better option for you there along with the Jungfrau region (Interlaken is probably the least interesting town there) and Zermatt.

You can get an idea of train timings with the Swiss railways timetable here to help your planning.

• The thread ‘Free scenic mountain trains with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.