Airport to Lauterbrunnen, using Swiss Travel Pass?

Airport to Lauterbrunnen, using Swiss Travel Pass?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jengririz
jengririz
1 post
Jul 6, 2017 - 11:41 AM

Hi All,

I'm planning to visit Switzerland in October. My first and foremost destination would be Lauterbrunnen. So i'm planning to go straight here from airport. I've been searching for some forums regarding the best route with the best fare but still not sure which one is the best route for me. Some suggest to go to bern or lucerne first while some suggest using swiss pass and use train all the way from airport.

My question is

1. What is the best and cheapest route to go to Lauterbrunnen from airport

2. If i use train to there and if i purchase swiss travel pass, will there be additional cost for the train fare? if i understand correctly swiss pass only free for certain part of switzerland

Arno
Arno
9645 posts
expert &
Jul 6, 2017 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for joining us Jengririz!

I'll assume you mean Zurich Airport, right? The quickest and most expensive route (CHF 82.60) is via Bern. The slower, cheaper (CHF 63.60) and more scenic route is via Lucerne and Meiringen (Golden Pass line). Both are free with a Swiss Travel Pass. Whether you need that pass depends on all of your traveling combined and can be calculated.

You can find all train schedules in the timetable. Enter Meiringen in the Via box to see the Golden Pass route.

Last modified on Jul 6, 2017 - 12:49 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017