From Cinque Terre to Paris – Wilhelm Tell Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2016 at 10:23:19 #809266

I need to get from Cinque Terre (Vernazza) back to Paris on 4 June.

I plan to get onto the Welheim Tell Express along the way.

1. Can someone advise which is the place I should get on to the Welheim Tell Express? It seems that Locarno is very far from Vernazza!

I plan to get a Swiss travel pass.

2. And will this route work within the same day?

– Vernazza to Locarno (or an alternative station?)

– Welheim Tell Express (should I take from Locarno to Lucerne??) [

– Lucerne to Paris (by TGV)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    21 May 2016 at 14:56:28 #852336

Hi “confused”, welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You can pick up that route in Bellinzona.

2. This is too long to be enjoyable in one day, I think. It can be done though:

• 6:19 departure from Vernazza
    • 13:43 arrival in Flüelen
    • Take the boat to Lucerne, arrival around 16:45
    • 21:38 arrival in Paris

A night somewhere along the way would make this a much nicer trip. All details are in the timetable.

A Swiss Travel Pass is for 3 days at least. Were you planning to use it for just this one day?

I hope you can change your nickname now 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 May 2016 at 23:25:53 #852337

Hi Confused. –

If you try the journey according to the schedule provided by Arno and Annika, I hope that your connections in Italy allow plenty of time for change of trains. Check the timetable(s) carefully.

I have never ever been on a train in Italy that was not late. Never ever. Makes one nervous.

Internal connections (within Italy) tend to compensate for that, by allowing long connection times.

That often works….;-(

If there are delays, you could skip the boat ride part of the Wilhelm Telll, and take the train all the way to Luzern or Basel.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘From Cinque Terre to Paris – Wilhelm Tell Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.