Train Geneva to Chur with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2018 at 15:03:01 #815302

Hello, I bought a Swiss Travel Pass, I’m landing in Geneva May 12th and want to go to Chur to catch the Bernina express on the 13th, My questions are:

Is there a train station at the airport that I can go and jump in a train to Chur?

Do I need to reserve or just jump in? Is there always seat available?

If the train stop in Zurich, can I just walk around the city and take the next train to Chur later?

I see there are a few stops in Chur, do I have to go to the main station and then take a train to the station closest to my hotel? I’m staying at Viva Hostel, what train should I take?

Thanks in advance, I’m excited is getting closer,

David

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2018 at 15:35:04 #882164

Hi Rokanada,

1. Yes – use the timetable to search for trains from Geneva to Chur (a bit of a long trip)
    2. Just jump on – almost always seats except rush hours but the train almost certainly stars at the airport so it will be empty when you board
    3. Yes – the beauty of the Swiss Travel Pass
    4. You have about a 10 minute walk from the main train station. Or you can bus for about 2 minutes to Chur, Malteser and then walk 2 minutes to your hostel. You can enter the hostel address on the timetable as well.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2018 at 19:14:58 #882165

Thanks Lucas, have a nice weekend.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2018 at 6:29:00 #882166

You too!

Enjoy your trip here!

• The thread ‘Train Geneva to Chur with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.