Train Geneva to Chur with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 13, 2018 - 3:03 PM

Hello, I bought a Swiss Travel Pass, I'm landing in Geneva May 12th and want to go to Chur to catch the Bernina express on the 13th, My questions are:

Is there a train station at the airport that I can go and jump in a train to Chur?

Do I need to reserve or just jump in? Is there always seat available?

If the train stop in Zurich, can I just walk around the city and take the next train to Chur later?

I see there are a few stops in Chur, do I have to go to the main station and then take a train to the station closest to my hotel? I'm staying at Viva Hostel, what train should I take?

Thanks in advance, I'm excited is getting closer,

David

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Apr 13, 2018 - 3:35 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi Rokanada,

1. Yes - use the timetable to search for trains from Geneva to Chur (a bit of a long trip)
  2. Just jump on - almost always seats except rush hours but the train almost certainly stars at the airport so it will be empty when you board
  3. Yes - the beauty of the Swiss Travel Pass
  4. You have about a 10 minute walk from the main train station. Or you can bus for about 2 minutes to Chur, Malteser and then walk 2 minutes to your hostel. You can enter the hostel address on the timetable as well.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 13, 2018 - 7:14 PM

Thanks Lucas, have a nice weekend.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Apr 14, 2018 - 6:29 AM in reply to Removed user

You too!

Enjoy your trip here!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019