Train Geneva to Chur with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 13, 2018 - 3:03 PM

Hello, I bought a Swiss Travel Pass, I'm landing in Geneva May 12th and want to go to Chur to catch the Bernina express on the 13th, My questions are:

Is there a train station at the airport that I can go and jump in a train to Chur?

Do I need to reserve or just jump in? Is there always seat available?

If the train stop in Zurich, can I just walk around the city and take the next train to Chur later?

I see there are a few stops in Chur, do I have to go to the main station and then take a train to the station closest to my hotel? I'm staying at Viva Hostel, what train should I take?

Thanks in advance, I'm excited is getting closer,

David

Lucas
Lucas
9918 posts
expert &
Apr 13, 2018 - 3:35 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi Rokanada,

1. Yes - use the timetable to search for trains from Geneva to Chur (a bit of a long trip)
  2. Just jump on - almost always seats except rush hours but the train almost certainly stars at the airport so it will be empty when you board
  3. Yes - the beauty of the Swiss Travel Pass
  4. You have about a 10 minute walk from the main train station. Or you can bus for about 2 minutes to Chur, Malteser and then walk 2 minutes to your hostel. You can enter the hostel address on the timetable as well.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 13, 2018 - 7:14 PM

Thanks Lucas, have a nice weekend.

Lucas
Lucas
9918 posts
expert &
Apr 14, 2018 - 6:29 AM in reply to Removed user

You too!

Enjoy your trip here!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018