Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  From Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch

From Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Andy Liau
Andy Liau
2 posts
Dec 26, 2019 - 11:13 AM

I m planning to stay in Grindelwald for 3 days. Planning to visit Jungfrau on the second day. Is this the right way to go? If it’s workable, how long does it take from Grindelwald to Jungfrau? And how should i plan for the transportation ahead?

Mark
Mark
493 posts
top member
Dec 26, 2019 - 3:54 PM

Hi Andy

You can see Jungfrau but can’t visit it. You probably mean Jungfraujoch. Since the ticket is expensive and wasted if the weather is bad I would go on the day with the best weather forecast. Probably buy the ticket at Grindelwald train station the morning you plan to go. You will go by train from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg where you change trains to go to Jungfraujoch. You will need to check the train timetables to see the exact duration but it is not long. I would guess 1.5-2 hrs not counting wait times in KS but that is only a guess.

Mark

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Dec 26, 2019 - 7:38 PM in reply to Andy Liau

Hello Andy and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

The SBB Mobile app (bit.ly/2ICIUHi) will confirm it takes 1 hour 20 minutes from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. See also www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere.

You can return the same way to Grindelwald or you may want to return via Wengen. This map will show you some of the options.

The pricelist for Jungfraujoch can be found here.

Ildiko
Ildiko
914 posts
top member &
Dec 26, 2019 - 8:08 PM

Hi Andy Liau,

in addition to the previous great answers, I also suggest to take a round trip via Wengen, so you can see more from that wonderful area. To get from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch it takes 80 mins, see the timetable at www.myswissalps.com/timetable.

Further information about the Jungfrau region can be found at www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion.

Also see:

1960man
1960man
2617 posts
top member
Dec 27, 2019 - 1:33 AM in reply to Andy Liau

PDF timetable here:

www.fahrplanfelder.ch/fileadmin/fap_pdf_fields/2020/312.pdf

You can start at Grindelwald as early as 07.15 (arrive Jungfraujoch 08.35)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020