From Wengen to Jungfraujoch transport

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
SamanthaSam
SamanthaSam
3 posts
Feb 3, 2018 - 4:56 PM

Hello,there I would like to ask coming February I’m going to stay in Wengen is it possible to buy the direct return railway ticket from Wengen to Jaufraujoch? And how about from Jungfraujoch to Wengen is it the same ticket or?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 4, 2018 - 1:50 AM in reply to SamanthaSam

Hi Samantha, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can buy your ticket at Wengen railway station. They will always sell you a return ticket to the Jungfraujoch, as you cannot get down by any other means.

There is a circular route between Zweilütschinen and the Jungfraujoch. You can go up via Wengen down via Grindelwald (or vice versa). I have attached a diagram that might help you visualise both routes. Most people go up one way and down the other, as each route has very different scenery - all of which is dramatically beautiful.

Regardless of which route you travel, it will all be on one ticket.

Alpenrose

Last modified on Feb 4, 2018 - 12:05 PM by Arno
Please login to see the attached documents
SamanthaSam
SamanthaSam
3 posts
Feb 4, 2018 - 7:52 AM in reply to Removed user

Hello Dear,

If I wanna buy a railway ticket from Kleine Schiedegg to Jungfraujoch(return) is it possible?

Also, how much would the Swiss Travel Pass save us on this journey?

Lucas
Lucas
9928 posts
expert &
Feb 4, 2018 - 9:15 AM in reply to SamanthaSam

Hi SamanthaSam,

Yes you can buy a ticket for that route as well.You can find a PDF of pricing to Jungfraujoch from different towns/stations on our Jungfraujoch ticket page here (the link is under more information).

The Swiss Travel Pass gets you a 25% discount on the route between Wengen or Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch - noted on our Validity page here.

SamanthaSam
SamanthaSam
3 posts
Feb 6, 2018 - 6:24 PM

Hello Dear again ,

Thank you for your reply. One last question is it the railway possible go from Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg and back from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 6, 2018 - 7:55 PM in reply to SamanthaSam

Hi SamanthaSam,

Yes that is possible. Please have a look at the Swiss timetable.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018