From Wengen to Jungfraujoch transport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2018 at 16:56:31 #814238

Hello,there I would like to ask coming February I’m going to stay in Wengen is it possible to buy the direct return railway ticket from Wengen to Jaufraujoch? And how about from Jungfraujoch to Wengen is it the same ticket or?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 1:50:17 #875558

Hi Samantha, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can buy your ticket at Wengen railway station. They will always sell you a return ticket to the Jungfraujoch, as you cannot get down by any other means.

There is a circular route between Zweilütschinen and the Jungfraujoch. You can go up via Wengen down via Grindelwald (or vice versa). I have attached a diagram that might help you visualise both routes. Most people go up one way and down the other, as each route has very different scenery – all of which is dramatically beautiful.

Regardless of which route you travel, it will all be on one ticket.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 7:52:09 #875559

Hello Dear,

If I wanna buy a railway ticket from Kleine Schiedegg to Jungfraujoch(return) is it possible?

Also, how much would the Swiss Travel Pass save us on this journey?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 9:15:17 #875560

Hi SamanthaSam,

Yes you can buy a ticket for that route as well.You can find a PDF of pricing to Jungfraujoch from different towns/stations on our Jungfraujoch ticket page here (the link is under more information).

The Swiss Travel Pass gets you a 25% discount on the route between Wengen or Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch – noted on our Validity page here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 18:24:46 #875561

Hello Dear again ,

Thank you for your reply. One last question is it the railway possible go from Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg and back from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 19:55:37 #875562

Hi SamanthaSam,

Yes that is possible. Please have a look at the Swiss timetable.

• The thread ‘From Wengen to Jungfraujoch transport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.