Full itinerary using 8 Day Swiss Travel Pass

Full itinerary using 8 Day Swiss Travel Pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
vijaykona
vijaykona
4 posts
Mar 15, 2017 - 2:09 PM

Though I went through many discussions, I could not find correct answers to my requirement. So, I would be glad if some one can help me in finalizing my Itinerary for Switzerland using the Swiss Pass.

We are a group of 4 seniors travelling Italy7 days, Switzerland 7days, Paris2days & London4 days total of 20 days. Our program is like this from 21.06.2017.

Day 1: Bernia Express: From Milan we want to reach Tirano and catch Bernia Express to Chur and from there reach Zurich on the same day.

Day 2: Rhine falls Trip: Travel from Zurich HB to Schloss Laufen am Rhinefalls and return to Zurich. That evening a short trip on Lake Zurich boat ride

Day3: Trip to Zermatt: Zurich to Visp> Zermatt > Gornergrat-summit and return full day trip. And proceed for Lucerne for night halt.

Day 4: Mt.Rigi Trip: Take the boat from Lucerne to Vitznau. Change to the cogwheel train to Rigi Kulm and enjoy the view on the top. Then take the cogwheel train down to Arth-Goldau and change to the regular train to Lucerne.

Day5: Pilatus Trip: Take the boat from Lucerne to Alpnachstad. Change to the cogwheel train to the Pilatus. Then take the cable car down to Fräkmüntegg and change to the gondola to Kriens. Take a bus at 'Kriens, Zentrum Pilatus' to Lucerne rail station.

Same day proceed to Interlaken for Night Halt.

Day 6: Trip to Jungfraugh : Interlaken to Jungfraujoch

Day 7: Trip to Murren: Interlaken to Laturburnen> Murren > Interlaken

Day 8: Interlaken to Schelthron round trip. Same day proceed to Geneva for NH. And proceed to paris

Please advise me, to what extent I can use 8days Swiss Travel pass for the above journeys.

In case I have to reduce the program by one day, which trip can be avoided

Whether Swiss half fare card is a better alternative

Regards

K.Vijaya Kumar

Hyderabad, India

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2017 - 4:46 PM in reply to vijaykona

Hi Vijaya,

The Swiss Travel Pass can be used on all those routes without issue so it is definately the way to go for you.

You will still have to buy a ticket for Jungfraujoch, Gornergrat and Schilthorn (at discounts of 25% to 50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass). You can read more about that on their information pages that I linked.

Regards,
Lucas

vijaykona
vijaykona
4 posts
Mar 15, 2017 - 4:55 PM in reply to Lucas

I appreciate your prompt response. The other part of my enquiry was

-In case I have to reduce the program by one day, which trip can be avoided

-Whether Swiss half fare card is a better alternative

Can you kindly throw some light on those issues also?

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
Mar 16, 2017 - 6:31 AM in reply to vijaykona

Hi Vijaykona,

I think the Swiss Travel Pass is definitely the better option over the Swiss Half Fare Card.

I can't speak for you as to which day is best for you to drop from your itinerary. If it were me I may not bother with the RheinFalls and lake Zurich - but that's my personal opinion.

Regards,
Lucas

vijaykona
vijaykona
4 posts
Mar 16, 2017 - 10:38 AM in reply to Lucas

Excellent ! I have been toying between Jungfrau and Rhein falls. If the time do not permit me, then I would drop the trip to Rhein falls.

Thanks for solving the issue. Thanks once again for your prompt response

Regards

Vijaykona

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017