Ga Travelcard area of validity and saver day pass

Ga Travelcard area of validity and saver day pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Abelefko1
Abelefko1
31 posts
Nov 6, 2017 - 9:18 PM

hi I found saver day passes on SBB app ...was wondering if they are for Swiss citizens only ? And it says valid in the ya travel card area I understand that’s the same as Swiss pass??its quite cheap chf 52 and we are going Basel to Wengen which is more if we p2p tickets. Is there a catch here ?

rockoyster
rockoyster
2927 posts
expert
Nov 6, 2017 - 9:35 PM in reply to Abelefko1

Hello Abelefko1 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

No catch as long as you understand the terms and conditions. Read this thread www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/new-deal-on-saver-day-pass

Lucas
Lucas
5014 posts
expert &
Nov 7, 2017 - 6:45 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Abelefko1,

Just be sure to buy them at 52chf....prices fluctuate quickly and can be more expensive than Point to point tickets a lot of the time.

rockoyster
rockoyster
2927 posts
expert
Nov 7, 2017 - 7:40 AM in reply to Abelefko1

Hi Abelefko1,

I just checked the SBB App and the only day pass I get offered is a CHF52 1-day class upgrade. This may be becasue I am not in Switzerland but then I suspect neither are you.

The SBB website says that the Saver Day Pass will be available via the SBB App "soon". Just be sure you are buying the right thing. If in doubt buy the Saver Day Pass from the website at www.sbb.ch/en/travelca rds-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/saver-day-pass.html

Abelefko1
Abelefko1
31 posts
Nov 7, 2017 - 8:25 AM in reply to rockoyster

You are right I am not...but I do get it !!

Please login to see the attached documents
Abelefko1
Abelefko1
31 posts
Nov 7, 2017 - 8:30 AM

Thanks for all the help everyone....sorry to bother with another few questions

is the ga card validity area the same as the Swiss visitor pass ?(on public transport)

2 are these print at home ?

3 is there anyway to know when/why they will be available (I need them for January)

it seems to me that the Swiss are good at hiding the deals as this pass is barely mentioned anywhere (my Swiss alps and multiple google searches..😂😂

Abelefko1
Abelefko1
31 posts
Nov 7, 2017 - 8:32 AM

And also is there a validity map in English? Would someone be so kind and post a basic guide to the map??

Sorry to bother 😀😀

Lucas
Lucas
5014 posts
expert &
Nov 7, 2017 - 9:08 AM in reply to Abelefko1

By Swiss Visitor Pass do you mean the Swiss Travel Pass?

1. The Saver Day Pass has the same validity area as the Swiss Travel Pass; which is also the same as the GA area.
  2. Yes, they will email it to you (just go through the buying process on Rockoyster's link).
  3. They are only available within 30 days of travel
  4. It is a relatively new product hence why there is little information out there yet (except with SBB and us here).
  5. There is a PDF map on Rockoyster's link - it is in 4 languages including English.
Abelefko1
Abelefko1
31 posts
Nov 7, 2017 - 9:50 AM in reply to Lucas

Yes I meant the Swiss travel pass Sorry didn’t notice the English part...😐😐 is there a way to know if they will be available in January? (I know SBB doesn’t sell ANY tickets before 30days) any experience with that ?

Abelefko1
Abelefko1
31 posts
Nov 7, 2017 - 9:53 AM in reply to rockoyster

I just noticed that this service was added to the app today(see screenshot) you will probably see it if you update the app...good luck

rockoyster
rockoyster
2927 posts
expert
Nov 7, 2017 - 10:15 AM in reply to Abelefko1

Very interesting. My SBB app was updated today but still not seeing option for Saver Day Pass.

If you buy SDP using app or via web you should be able to just display barcode on your phone on request by conducter.

Last modified on Nov 7, 2017 - 10:31 AM by rockoyster
Lucas
Lucas
5014 posts
expert &
Nov 7, 2017 - 10:24 AM in reply to Abelefko1

There is no rush to buy a ticket - tickets can't sell out, only seats can be full. But seat reservations aren't made (or possible) here 95% of the time (I've never reserved in over two years).

You will have to wait until at least 30 days prior before buying the Saver Day Pass or any point to point ticket.

Abelefko1
Abelefko1
31 posts
Nov 7, 2017 - 10:47 AM

Thanks to all...

this blog really makes traveling to Switzerland a whole lot easier and simpler!!

Cant wait to get there...

rockoyster
rockoyster
2927 posts
expert
Nov 7, 2017 - 8:55 PM in reply to Abelefko1

Hi Abraham,

Thanks for alerting us the the availability of the SDP on the SBB app. I deleted the app and re-installed and it is now showing the SDP.

Happy travels.

Lucas
Lucas
5014 posts
expert &
Nov 8, 2017 - 7:12 AM in reply to rockoyster

I tried the same thing and no luck here. Strange little SBB app! Oh well hopefully next update.

rockoyster
rockoyster
2927 posts
expert
Nov 8, 2017 - 7:17 AM in reply to Lucas

IOS or Android Lucas?

Lucas
Lucas
5014 posts
expert &
Nov 8, 2017 - 7:29 AM in reply to rockoyster

Android. typical ;) haha. I'm still on v7.1 - it'll come eventually!

rockoyster
rockoyster
2927 posts
expert
Nov 23, 2017 - 11:14 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

V7.3 of SBB App now available for Android and supports Saver Day Pass. 🤓

Lucas
Lucas
5014 posts
expert &
Nov 24, 2017 - 7:36 AM in reply to rockoyster

Yes, it updated itself a couple days after my last post above actually. :)

I'm keeping an eye on it for some 29chf day passes in January. ;) It seems to be about 25 days out that I find 29chf prices (and so far never on a weekend but that should be ok).

I'm thinking Blausee at the moment and perhaps the Bernina Express route on a regional train in February.

Last modified on Nov 24, 2017 - 7:36 AM by Lucas
Abelefko1
Abelefko1
31 posts
Nov 24, 2017 - 7:50 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas, where did you find chf 29 ? The cheapest I’m getting is chf 52 even on a month out ....

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018