Gelmersee information for Grimsel area,Switzerland

• Luke
    Participant
    105 posts
    26 April 2019 at 15:47:45 #821241

Hi all!

I just came across this news as I wanted to stay at the Hospiz at Gelmersee this summer: http://www.grimselwelt.ch/gri mselhotels/grimsel-hospiz

In the early summer of 2019, work will begin on the construction of the new spit-dam dam. The large construction site affects the environment and brings some restrictions for day trippers, hikers and our guests. The first phase of the construction site will also be used to refurbish the Alpinhotel Grimsel Hospiz and the Grimselnollen infrastructure. Due to these investments in the future, the Hotel Grimsel Hospiz will remain closed during the summer months of 2019 and will reopen the doors in December 2019.

Doesn’t look like the gelmerbahn is not closed thankfully! I’ll be camping and will let you know if I find anything nearby but it doesn’t look like it.

If anyone has camped in the area or in Switzerland in general and has any tips let me know!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2019 at 1:12:44 #910546

Camp in Innertkirchen – a choice of several sites

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2019 at 6:30:45 #910547

Hi Luke,

I camped on the Lake of Brienz for a few days on a big but wonderful camping called Familiencamping Aaregg. I didn’t have a tent so I rented a little bungalow, very nice!

Enjoy your trip, I’ve always wanted to do the Trift bridge, it looks spectacular are you heading that direction?

Best,
    Steph

Luke
    Participant
    105 posts
    27 April 2019 at 14:39:17 #910548

Thanks 1960man – looks like the easiest option for us!

Luke
    Participant
    105 posts
    27 April 2019 at 14:41:30 #910549

Hi Steph!

We’re heading to southern Europe for a couple months of camping before moving back to Canada.

We will be travelling back to Berlin via Zurich to visit friends so thought we would camp in Switzerland along somewhere and I’ve always wanted to visit the Gelmersee area and never got the chance while living in Zurich.

• The thread ‘Gelmersee information for Grimsel area,Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.