Geneva Airport-Interlaken Ost & Supersaver ticket

• RohanAU
    Participant
    1 post
    13 August 2022 at 4:14:09 #828057

I am looking at arriving into Geneva Airport on a Friday in October (around 4pm) from London Heathrow after the marathon flight from Sydney, Australia via Singapore.

Trying to work out the time I need from arrival, passport control & collect baggage (should be tagged Priority – but these days that doesn’t mean much) before being likely to catch a train to Interlaken Ost.

The ideal train is some 1hr 30 minutes later, however I have no idea if that would even be feasible.

Also, if I purchased a SBB Supersaver Ticket via the app (which is strictly for a designated service) if that service was missed, can that fare be applied to getting another ticket, or does a whole new full fare ticket need to be purchased?

Thank you 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    13 August 2022 at 8:24:55 #945557

Hi RohanAU,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

No worries. There are regular train connections between Geneva Airport and Interlaken Ost. In fact there are two connections leaving every hour until 10pm, one at 32 past and the next at 49 past, both require at least one train change. You can check the train schedules on the SBB timetable.

A Supersaver ticket is restricted to the train and time indicated on the ticket. If you miss this specific connection, your ticket won’t be valid on the next connection and you’ll have to purchase a new ticket. Unless you’re really sure you won’t miss your connection, it’s best to purchase a regular ticket. You might want to consider getting a Saver Day Pass. Or if you have a railpass such as a Swiss Travel Pass, you won’t need a ticket at all.

Let us know if you need more information.

Regards,

Anna

andrew
    Participant
    146 posts
    13 August 2022 at 13:21:17 #945558

Hi RohanAU,

If it’s any comfort, a few years ago, after landing at Geneva we left the plane at about 11:40, collected our luggage and passed through passport control and caught a train at 12:09.

Yes, that must be exceptional and these covid as well as more secure days, things inevitably take longer, but it shows what can be done.

Cheers,

Andrew

• The thread ‘Geneva Airport-Interlaken Ost & Supersaver ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.