Geneva airport to Kandersteg luggage transport

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mattiedog
Mattiedog
16 posts
Feb 21, 2018 - 2:39 AM

I am trying to ensure I understand (because it is a service so unbelievable)... We want luggage transported from Geneva airport to Zermatt because we will be hiking a portion of the Haute Route and do not want to carry on our 65 year old backs everything we intend to use over our three weeks visit. We can go to a railroad counter at the airport (having flown in from Amsterdam on KLM); provide our bag and the name of the hotel we are staying at nine days hence in Zermatt. We get four days storage free and pay for the rest of the days (five for example) at 5 swiss francs/day. The bag is held....at the Zermatt rail station? Do I have this right? The place we go to in the Geneva airport is clearly identified? Thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
4072 posts
expert
Feb 21, 2018 - 2:53 AM in reply to Mattiedog

Hello mattiedog and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You have it right.

Great isn't it. www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage/luggage/luggag e.html

You should have no problem finding the station at the airport.

What time of year are you hiking?

Last modified on Feb 21, 2018 - 2:54 AM by rockoyster
Mattiedog
Mattiedog
16 posts
Feb 21, 2018 - 3:05 AM in reply to rockoyster

august/september

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018