Geneva & travel to Zermatt with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 16:24:41 #816580

Our family will be visiting Geneva and we would like to make the most of our trip. Please confirm the Swiss Rail Pass will provide free bus and ferry transport from Geneva to Castle Chillon (via Montreux). We also plan to travel from Geneva to Zermatt and take up to Gornergrat.. Does the Swiss Rail Pass include train transport to Zermatt and then I believe i read discounted tickets for Gorntertat train/tram. Appreciate confirmation of our reading of this website and clarification/correction for parts we have misunderstood. Many thanks!

SC

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 June 2018 at 18:20:13 #888045

Hi Stephcihon –

Welcome to My Swiss Alps. That’s a nice ride around the lake and along the Rhone Valley.

There is no Swiss Rail Pass. You are probably referring to the Swiss Travel Pass, which provides the coverage you describe. It works on all public trains, buses, boats, some cableways, and offers discounts on some excursion or mountain lines.

Details are here, including a map of coverage:

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses

Lots of other information also on the page and the links there.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 18:27:07 #888046

That is exactly what i meant, thanks much! This is a great website. Truly appreciate all of the information!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 18:57:02 #888047

Hi Stephcihon

Be sure to read through the Where it’s Valid tab on our Swiss Travel Pass page: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass it has a PDF map of the routes covered and a list of mountains with their coverage as a %.

• The thread ‘Geneva & travel to Zermatt with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.