Geneva, Geneva cruise & Golden pass route - 1 day

Geneva, Geneva cruise & Golden pass route - 1 day

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Pape
Pape
8 posts
Aug 28, 2017 - 2:45 AM

Hi

We would like to cover Golden pass route from Zweisimmen to Montreux and then cover Geneva cruise from Montreux for about two hours on the way also cover Chillion castle on the way (if possible).

After the cruise we would like to explore Geneva during the day and return back to interlaken OST by late evening.

I would like to know which Cruise route would be best to cover for for two hours , I had a look at the cruise map but I am unsure which Cruise location we should get off so that we can reach Geneva in the shortest possible time so that it can leave us couple of hours to explore Geneva.

Appreciate if could assist/suggest with above itenary.

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
5555 posts
expert &
Aug 28, 2017 - 6:37 AM in reply to Pape

HI Pape,

For boat trips on Lake Geneva, from Montreux to Geneva you will have to connect in Lausanne and you don't have a lot of time to do everything you want in one day from Interlaken.

I would suggest taking the train or boat from Montreux to Chillon Castle (less than 20 minutes) and then taking a boat to Lausanne before continuing on by train if you want to see Geneva. I'm not sure I would bother trying to get to Geneva. Between the Golden Pass train route, Montreux, Lausanne and Chillon Castle there is a lot to see and do in one day.

Use the SBB timetable here to plan out your trips. You'll have to get an early start from Interlaken.

You can find more information on Lake Geneva boat tours here as well as a link to the schedule on their website.

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 28, 2017 - 6:38 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018