Luggage restrictions on boats and trains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2017 at 18:40:42 #811193

I am along with my family of travelling from Zermatt to Geneva by Train and than I will take Geneva Lake Boat trip from Geneva to Montreux. From Montreux use golden pass to reach Lucerne. I have one checked in baggage and one hand luggage, is there any restriction on the baggage on Geneva lake boat and golden pass. I need your experts opinion on this.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 6:21:12 #860529

Hi Samaje76,

There are no restrictions on boats or trains in regards to luggage – two pieces of luggage is quite normal to have with you.

This is a very long day of travel you are planning (with a little back-tracking with the boat trip). I hope you are aware and ok with that! 🙂

Best regards,
    Lucas

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 March 2017 at 6:37:32 #860530

A very long trip indeed! I don’t believe there are direct boats from Geneva to Montreux, and in any case it will take many hours. I recommend to travel to Lausanne rather than Geneva, and take a boat to Montreux from there. The metro gets you to the boat dock in Lausanne in a few minutes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 14:55:17 #860531

Thanks Mr. Lucas and Mr. Arno

I will definitely consider your suggestions. I will Zermatt to Luasanne to Monteux.

• The thread ‘Luggage restrictions on boats and trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.