Luggage restrictions on boats and trains

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
samaje76
samaje76
12 posts
Mar 26, 2017 - 6:40 PM

I am along with my family of travelling from Zermatt to Geneva by Train and than I will take Geneva Lake Boat trip from Geneva to Montreux. From Montreux use golden pass to reach Lucerne. I have one checked in baggage and one hand luggage, is there any restriction on the baggage on Geneva lake boat and golden pass. I need your experts opinion on this.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Mar 27, 2017 - 6:21 AM in reply to samaje76

Hi Samaje76,

There are no restrictions on boats or trains in regards to luggage - two pieces of luggage is quite normal to have with you.

This is a very long day of travel you are planning (with a little back-tracking with the boat trip). I hope you are aware and ok with that! :)

Best regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Mar 27, 2017 - 6:21 AM by Lucas
Arno
Arno
12343 posts
expert &
Mar 27, 2017 - 6:37 AM

A very long trip indeed! I don't believe there are direct boats from Geneva to Montreux, and in any case it will take many hours. I recommend to travel to Lausanne rather than Geneva, and take a boat to Montreux from there. The metro gets you to the boat dock in Lausanne in a few minutes.

samaje76
samaje76
12 posts
Mar 27, 2017 - 2:55 PM

Thanks Mr. Lucas and Mr. Arno

I will definitely consider your suggestions. I will Zermatt to Luasanne to Monteux.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019