Luggage restrictions on boats and trains

Luggage restrictions on boats and trains

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
samaje76
samaje76
12 posts
Mar 26, 2017 - 6:40 PM

I am along with my family of travelling from Zermatt to Geneva by Train and than I will take Geneva Lake Boat trip from Geneva to Montreux. From Montreux use golden pass to reach Lucerne. I have one checked in baggage and one hand luggage, is there any restriction on the baggage on Geneva lake boat and golden pass. I need your experts opinion on this.

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Mar 27, 2017 - 6:21 AM in reply to samaje76

Hi Samaje76,

There are no restrictions on boats or trains in regards to luggage - two pieces of luggage is quite normal to have with you.

This is a very long day of travel you are planning (with a little back-tracking with the boat trip). I hope you are aware and ok with that! :)

Best regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Mar 27, 2017 - 6:21 AM by Lucas
Arno
Arno
9656 posts
expert &
Mar 27, 2017 - 6:37 AM

A very long trip indeed! I don't believe there are direct boats from Geneva to Montreux, and in any case it will take many hours. I recommend to travel to Lausanne rather than Geneva, and take a boat to Montreux from there. The metro gets you to the boat dock in Lausanne in a few minutes.

samaje76
samaje76
12 posts
Mar 27, 2017 - 2:55 PM

Thanks Mr. Lucas and Mr. Arno

I will definitely consider your suggestions. I will Zermatt to Luasanne to Monteux.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017