Getting from Geneva airport hotel to the airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2018 at 4:19:47 #818741

Hello all. I have booked a 1 night stay at NH Geneva airport hotel on 24.12.2018 and check out on 25.12.2018. We have to catch a very flight on 25.12.2018 7:15am to London. The hotel provides free shuttle bus, but the earliest one starts operating at 6:00am. The journey might take 20 minutes, meaning to say we will arrive Geneva airport at around 6:30am. Is there enough time for us to check in luggage and so on?

If this will be at risk, can you all please suggest another way for us to get to the airport? Besides calling a cab, which will cost 5 of us more than CHF150.

Thank you so much xoxo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2018 at 15:25:26 #898121

Hi ccathy,

Does the shuttle bus really take 20 minutes from that hotel? If so it might go to other hotels along the way but I’d check with the hotel (unless they already told you that).

I can’t see a taxi taking more than 5 or 6 minutes – your hotel is right at the airport. I’d ask the hotel for a taxi price as I’m sure they know.

I would not arrive at an airport 45 minutes before a flight no. If you didn’t have passport control (Schengen country) and didn’t have checked luggage and knew your way around the airport you could maybe do 60 to 70 minutes before. None of those apply here though.

The SBB timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) can show you your fastest connections; which are at about 20/25 minutes but that is due to a the usual indirect routing of buses and/or a tram connections. But you can take public transit and get to the airport by 06:00 or earlier if you want.

• The thread ‘Getting from Geneva airport hotel to the airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.