Geneva to Brienz by car – scenic routes suggestion

• Ashwani02
    Participant
    6 posts
    12 December 2020 at 13:15:55 #825748

I would be travelling from Geneva to Brienz (Interlaken) by car on 16th Dec and return after 2 days. I would be thankful for the advice on scenic routes to take and places to visit on the way. I am planning to spend 17th in the Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald area.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    12 December 2020 at 16:45:25 #934536

Hi Ashwani02,

If you use Google Map, you’ll find that there are various routes you can follow. You’ll be driving mainly on the highway so not as scenic as you will imagine. But there are many places along the way that you can stop and visit, depending on how much time you have really.

I would recommend driving via Vevey and Fribourg if you have time for several pit stops. Along the way, you can probably squeeze in visits to Lausanne, Montreux and Gruyeres in addition to Vevey, Fribourg, Bern and Thun.

Perhaps other forum members would also like to offer some suggestions.

Meanwhile do check the links below for more info:

Regards,

Anna

Ashwani02
    Participant
    6 posts
    13 December 2020 at 11:08:22 #934537

Thank you, Anna.

• The thread ‘Geneva to Brienz by car – scenic routes suggestion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.