Geneva to Chamonix in late January car/bus/train?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 December 2019 at 11:06:57 #824755

Dear myswissalps,

I wonder what is the best way to travel from geneve to chamonix for a day trip?

for self drive, i wonder is it safe to drive from geneve to chamonix on late january? 🙂

for taking bus, i wonder is there any recommend and reliable bus operator? 🙂

or do u have a better suggestion please let me know. Thank you

Best regards

Mario

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    30 December 2019 at 12:23:34 #927123

Hello Mario,

in principle, the best way now is the new commuter train network of Geneva, called Leman Express. On line goes from Geneva to Saint-Gervais once per daytime hour. From St Gervais, the narrow gauge train will take you to Chamonix.

In principle, I said: right now because of a strike, train service in France is highly unreliable.

Your alternative is to travel by bus. The terminal in Geneva is at Place Dorcière. Several direct busses to Chamonix every day.

Good luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 December 2019 at 20:59:36 #927124

Hello Mario anggor,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

I will suggest that you take the bus from Geneva to Chamonix as well. You can relax and enjoy the scenery while you are on the bus. As Snowman stated……”right now because of a strike, train service in France is highly unreliable.”

I have a link from our trusted partners for bus tours from Geneva to Chamonix:

Driving in Switzerland should not be underestimated. I will attach some links about driving in Switzerland, so you may make the final decision:

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Suzanne

• The thread ‘Geneva to Chamonix in late January car/bus/train?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.