Geneva to Jungfrau to Venice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 12:12:25 #815925

Hi. My family (2 adults, 1 x 19yr, 1 x 14yr) are flying into Geneva for the Switzerland leg of our trip. We plan to stay just the one night in Geneva before heading to the Jungfrau (Grindewald or Lauterbrunnen) for a few days and then on to Venice.

Is there any suggestions for best train routes and fares. I would like to do the Golden Pass route to Interlaken. Was wondering if the half fare card is the way to go for us.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 18:52:41 #885028

Hi Sparksy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can find train routes and fare using the Swiss railways timetable. It will be default give you the fastest / direct routes to your destination.

To follow the Golden Pass route between Montreux and Interlaken, enter “via” Zweisimmen in the timetable.

To know the best rail pass for your route you’ll need to plan out all your trips while in Switzerland and do the math. Go here for help: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2018 at 4:55:32 #885029

Thanks Lucas.

I’ll get busy doing the maths!

• The thread ‘Geneva to Jungfrau to Venice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.