Geneva to Lyon where do I print sncf ticket?

• sgammage
    Participant
    2 posts
    16 May 2018 at 2:20:01 #815999

Just booked rail tickets from Lausanne to Geneva to Lyon for mid June on trainline.eu. Then a warning popped up saying that I should not purchase the tickets if I could not print the sncf tickets in France, so of course I didn’t complete the purchase. Kind of a silly question but how do I purchase and print a ticket to travel to Lyon? Is there an sncf office/kiosk in the Geneva train station? Thank you for any help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 May 2018 at 5:57:18 #885358

Welcome to MySwissAlps Sgammage!

That’s warning is weird. I thought it was a thing of the past to offer that as the only option. It might have something to do with the strikes in France. I also noticed less tickets being available on various sites. You don’t get the warning for a ticket from Geneva to Lyon, so I suppose there is a machine in Geneva but I can’t confirm.

You can try other websites that normally offer print at home, they are listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/pric e. You can also buy a ticket at the staffed ticket desk in either Lausanne or Geneva, but you’d probably pay a CHF 10 additional service fee (“SBB Auftragspauschale International”). Online would be cheaper and more convenient.

• The thread ‘Geneva to Lyon where do I print sncf ticket?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.