Geneva to Lyon where do I print sncf ticket?

Geneva to Lyon where do I print sncf ticket?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sgammage
sgammage
1 post
May 16, 2018 - 2:20 AM

Just booked rail tickets from Lausanne to Geneva to Lyon for mid June on trainline.eu. Then a warning popped up saying that I should not purchase the tickets if I could not print the sncf tickets in France, so of course I didn’t complete the purchase. Kind of a silly question but how do I purchase and print a ticket to travel to Lyon? Is there an sncf office/kiosk in the Geneva train station? Thank you for any help!

Arno
Arno
11146 posts
expert &
May 16, 2018 - 5:57 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Sgammage!

That's warning is weird. I thought it was a thing of the past to offer that as the only option. It might have something to do with the strikes in France. I also noticed less tickets being available on various sites. You don't get the warning for a ticket from Geneva to Lyon, so I suppose there is a machine in Geneva but I can't confirm.

You can try other websites that normally offer print at home, they are listed here: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/pric e. You can also buy a ticket at the staffed ticket desk in either Lausanne or Geneva, but you'd probably pay a CHF 10 additional service fee ("SBB Auftragspauschale International"). Online would be cheaper and more convenient.

Last modified on May 16, 2018 - 6:42 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018