Geneva to Lyon where do I print sncf ticket?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sgammage
sgammage
1 post
May 16, 2018 - 2:20 AM

Just booked rail tickets from Lausanne to Geneva to Lyon for mid June on trainline.eu. Then a warning popped up saying that I should not purchase the tickets if I could not print the sncf tickets in France, so of course I didn’t complete the purchase. Kind of a silly question but how do I purchase and print a ticket to travel to Lyon? Is there an sncf office/kiosk in the Geneva train station? Thank you for any help!

Arno
Arno
12087 posts
expert &
May 16, 2018 - 5:57 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Sgammage!

That's warning is weird. I thought it was a thing of the past to offer that as the only option. It might have something to do with the strikes in France. I also noticed less tickets being available on various sites. You don't get the warning for a ticket from Geneva to Lyon, so I suppose there is a machine in Geneva but I can't confirm.

You can try other websites that normally offer print at home, they are listed here: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/pric e. You can also buy a ticket at the staffed ticket desk in either Lausanne or Geneva, but you'd probably pay a CHF 10 additional service fee ("SBB Auftragspauschale International"). Online would be cheaper and more convenient.

Last modified on May 16, 2018 - 6:42 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019