Traveling to and in Montreux – Riviera Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2017 at 6:45:17 #811393

Hello,

I will be arriving in Geneva on 5th May around 1.30pm and have decided to take train directly from the airport to Bon port hotel Montreux.

Please let me know if single journey ticket from Geneva to Montreux includes bus from montreux to hotel OR i need to buy separate ticket once i get into bus at Montreux with same train ticket. We are two people travelling together so any discounts on train ticket?

Which bus number goes to Bon port Hotel and how do i get to bus stop from Montreux station(pleae mention exit or landmark/direction on the bus)

I checked googled map and it shows escalator sort connecting two road avenue des alpes and grand rue. Correct me if I am wrong.

Riviera Card- Have read about free Riviera card in montreux and would like to know if i can avail it before arriving at montreux to use bus to get to hotel?

Can i used the card to travel to vevy by train ?Please share your thoughts

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    13 April 2017 at 13:56:18 #861476

Hi snehap,

Here are some answers:

• no, a train ticket Geneva-Montreux won’t include the bus, so you’ll need a separate ticket for that
    • I suggest you enter the bus stop “Montreux, Bon Port “Hotel” in the timetable for details on this bus journey
    • the Riviera Card will be handed over by the hotel owner when you check-in, so you can’t use it for the bus
    • yes, the journey to Vevey is included. Please follow the link at the right hand of myswissalps.com/montre ux/hotels for detailed information.

Please note that no tickets are needed for either the train ride or the bus ride if you use a Swiss Travel Pass (myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass), as suggested by Lucas in your other topic.

• The thread ‘Traveling to and in Montreux – Riviera Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.