Train Geneva to Nuremberg Jan 29, 2018

• Dora_Lee
    Participant
    10 posts
    29 September 2017 at 1:48:25 #813386

Dear Sirs,

I will travel to Switzerland from Jan 21 to Jan 29, 2018 from Manchester.

Now I need help since I need to travel to Nuremberg on Jan 29 evening/night after 5pm. I cannot only find the flight from Geneva to Murich, not Nuremberg. So I tried to find the train from Geneva to Nuremberg, seems will take longer travel time.

Please help me to get the best route from Geneva to Nuremberg.

I would appreciate if you can provide routing for me to book in advance.

Thanks and regards

Dora

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 September 2017 at 4:03:13 #870326

Hi Dora,

The fastest route (with only 2 changes) is Geneva to Olten to Karlsruhe to Nuremburg. Still going to take you 8 hours though. See ps.bahn.de/preissuche/ preissuche/psc_angebot ssuche.post?lang=en&country=GBR#no -back

Dora_Lee
    Participant
    10 posts
    29 September 2017 at 4:29:43 #870327

Thanks Rockoyster,

However, I cannot connect the above link Geneva to Olten to Karlsruhe to Nuremburg. I input the station but cannot search. Would you please let me know more details on the route

Thanks and regards

Dora

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 September 2017 at 4:41:31 #870328

Hi Dora,

See attached. Did you select the option to “Start Outside Germany” just under where you enter the departure and arrival points?

Anyway, you can also try here http://www.bahn.com/en/view/i ndex.shtml

You won’t be able to find trains so far ahead (ie next January) but the 2018 timetable is unlikely to vary greatly from the current one so you should be able to get a good idea of the options. There is another 2-changes route Geneva – Zurich – Stuttgart – Nuremburg which takes 8 hours 36 minutes. And another Geneva – Zurich – Munich -Nuremburg which takes a bit longer again.

Dora_Lee
    Participant
    10 posts
    29 September 2017 at 4:46:47 #870329

Thanks so much Rockoyster. I got the information. This is so helpful for my travel plan

Thanks and regards/ Dora

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 September 2017 at 5:09:45 #870330

Glad to be of assistance – happy travels! 😎

• The thread ‘Train Geneva to Nuremberg Jan 29, 2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.