Train Geneva to Nuremberg Jan 29, 2018

Train Geneva to Nuremberg Jan 29, 2018

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Dora Lee
Dora Lee
9 posts
Sep 29, 2017 - 1:48 AM

Dear Sirs,

I will travel to Switzerland from Jan 21 to Jan 29, 2018 from Manchester.

Now I need help since I need to travel to Nuremberg on Jan 29 evening/night after 5pm. I cannot only find the flight from Geneva to Murich, not Nuremberg. So I tried to find the train from Geneva to Nuremberg, seems will take longer travel time.

Please help me to get the best route from Geneva to Nuremberg.

I would appreciate if you can provide routing for me to book in advance.

Thanks and regards

Dora

rockoyster
rockoyster
1051 posts
top member
Sep 29, 2017 - 4:03 AM in reply to Dora Lee

Hi Dora,

The fastest route (with only 2 changes) is Geneva to Olten to Karlsruhe to Nuremburg. Still going to take you 8 hours though. See ps.bahn.de/preissuche/ preissuche/psc_angebot ssuche.post?lang=en&country=GBR#no -back

Dora Lee
Dora Lee
9 posts
Sep 29, 2017 - 4:29 AM

Thanks Rockoyster,

However, I cannot connect the above link Geneva to Olten to Karlsruhe to Nuremburg. I input the station but cannot search. Would you please let me know more details on the route

Thanks and regards

Dora

rockoyster
rockoyster
1051 posts
top member
Sep 29, 2017 - 4:41 AM in reply to Dora Lee

Hi Dora,

See attached. Did you select the option to "Start Outside Germany" just under where you enter the departure and arrival points?

Anyway, you can also try here www.bahn.com/en/view/i ndex.shtml

You won't be able to find trains so far ahead (ie next January) but the 2018 timetable is unlikely to vary greatly from the current one so you should be able to get a good idea of the options. There is another 2-changes route Geneva - Zurich - Stuttgart - Nuremburg which takes 8 hours 36 minutes. And another Geneva - Zurich - Munich -Nuremburg which takes a bit longer again.

Please login to see the attached documents
Dora Lee
Dora Lee
9 posts
Sep 29, 2017 - 4:46 AM

Thanks so much Rockoyster. I got the information. This is so helpful for my travel plan

Thanks and regards/ Dora

rockoyster
rockoyster
1051 posts
top member
Sep 29, 2017 - 5:09 AM in reply to Dora Lee

Glad to be of assistance - happy travels! 😎

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017