Geneva to Zurich by rail – Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 20:16:46 #815898

My husband and I will be in Switzerland in September and wish to travel from Geneva to Zurich by rail. We plan to take a local train from Geneva to Montreux and then the Golden Pass train from Montreux for as far as we can go before connecting with a local train t o Zurich. I have been looking on line and am a little confused as to whether the Golden Pass train goes only as far as Zweisimmen or if we can continue to Lucerne? We would like to make this journey in one day, but do not want to take the fast train from Geneva to Zurich. I am also interested in knowing the cost of this journey as I am trying to decide if we should buy a Swiss Travel Pass. The only other train journeys we will take in Switzerland will be local trains in the Zurich area. I would appreciate any information.

• The thread ‘Geneva to Zurich by rail – Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.