Eurail Germany/Swiss valid on Bernina Express?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2018 at 15:56:49 #815529

Hi,

I planned to take the Bernina express for my visit instead of the Glacier express.

But saw that it takes you to Italy as well. Which is not covered in my 2 country pass. I am afraid we need to buy extra tickets for the Italy sector otherwise will have to go back to Glacier express?

Thanks for anybody confirming my understanding.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 April 2018 at 21:14:33 #883233

I replied to this on your other thread.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 2:59:23 #883234

Hi Asif,

I changed your title as there is no such thing as a German Swiss Pass. Although I know what you meant with with Germany and Switzerland rail pass 🙂 Just be careful when asking for details on rail passes that you use the correct name / term lest you get the wrong information.

Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2018 at 19:19:32 #883235

Thanks Lucas. So very kind of you.

My pass is a 2 country flexi Eurail pass Germany- Switzerland.

I changed my itinerary as you must have seen in my other thread.

Could not find that thread hence putting up a request once again.

I got a suggestion from Rockoyster about staying back in Turano instead of Lucerne.

But I would like to reach Lucerne on on the same day from Chur. And stay the next full day in the city ratherthan take a train ride.

I wished to choose the better rout between Chur to Andermatt on glacier vs chur to Lugano on Bernina.

Thanks.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 April 2018 at 20:39:26 #883236

Your other thread is here http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/seeking-help-in-planning-a-visit-to-switzerland. I said you could stay ver night in Lugano OR take a fast train to Lucerne. If that trip is too long for you then go via Andermatt. There is no “best”. Everywhere in Switzerland is wonderful. 😎

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2018 at 2:43:25 #883237

Based on your criteria of getting to Lucerne asap and enjoying a day there….Go Chur to Andermatt. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2018 at 14:41:27 #883238

Thanks Lucas for your tremendous help. It is indeed so very nice to get such PRICELESS information from you.

Finally, I booked Chur to Andermatt and got 2 window seat too :). Will take a regular train to Lucerne the same afternoon.

This way I get a full day at Lucerne…

Thanks once again and God Bless!

Asif

=–

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2018 at 19:31:12 #883239

Hi Rickoyster,

Thanks once again and specially for finding the other thread 😊 which I eventually located somehow…

You are right that everywhere in Switzerland is wonderful. In fact every visitor is spoilt for choices and a few days stay cannot do justice to the beauty of this wonderful country.

I will try taking a hotel close to Lake Lucerne and move around town or take a boat trip since I do have an extra day on my Eurail pass…

Warm regards.

Asif.

• The thread ‘Eurail Germany/Swiss valid on Bernina Express?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.