Eurail Germany/Swiss valid on Bernina Express?

Eurail Germany/Swiss valid on Bernina Express?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Asif
Asif
18 posts
Apr 25, 2018 - 3:56 PM

Hi,

I planned to take the Bernina express for my visit instead of the Glacier express.

But saw that it takes you to Italy as well. Which is not covered in my 2 country pass. I am afraid we need to buy extra tickets for the Italy sector otherwise will have to go back to Glacier express?

Thanks for anybody confirming my understanding.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Apr 25, 2018 - 9:14 PM in reply to Asif

I replied to this on your other thread.

Lucas
Lucas
7085 posts
expert &
Apr 26, 2018 - 2:59 AM in reply to Asif

Hi Asif,

I changed your title as there is no such thing as a German Swiss Pass. Although I know what you meant with with Germany and Switzerland rail pass :) Just be careful when asking for details on rail passes that you use the correct name / term lest you get the wrong information.

Cheers!

Last modified on Apr 26, 2018 - 3:01 AM by Lucas
Asif
Asif
18 posts
Apr 26, 2018 - 7:19 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas. So very kind of you.

My pass is a 2 country flexi Eurail pass Germany- Switzerland.

I changed my itinerary as you must have seen in my other thread.

Could not find that thread hence putting up a request once again.

I got a suggestion from Rockoyster about staying back in Turano instead of Lucerne.

But I would like to reach Lucerne on on the same day from Chur. And stay the next full day in the city ratherthan take a train ride.

I wished to choose the better rout between Chur to Andermatt on glacier vs chur to Lugano on Bernina.

Thanks.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Apr 26, 2018 - 8:39 PM in reply to Asif

Your other thread is here www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/seeking-help-in-planning-a-visit-to-switzerland. I said you could stay ver night in Lugano OR take a fast train to Lucerne. If that trip is too long for you then go via Andermatt. There is no “best”. Everywhere in Switzerland is wonderful. 😎

Lucas
Lucas
7085 posts
expert &
Apr 27, 2018 - 2:43 AM in reply to Asif

Based on your criteria of getting to Lucerne asap and enjoying a day there....Go Chur to Andermatt. :)

Asif
Asif
18 posts
Apr 27, 2018 - 2:41 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas for your tremendous help. It is indeed so very nice to get such PRICELESS information from you.

Finally, I booked Chur to Andermatt and got 2 window seat too :). Will take a regular train to Lucerne the same afternoon.

This way I get a full day at Lucerne...

Thanks once again and God Bless!

Asif

=--

Asif
Asif
18 posts
Apr 27, 2018 - 7:31 PM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rickoyster,

Thanks once again and specially for finding the other thread 😊 which I eventually located somehow...

You are right that everywhere in Switzerland is wonderful. In fact every visitor is spoilt for choices and a few days stay cannot do justice to the beauty of this wonderful country.

I will try taking a hotel close to Lake Lucerne and move around town or take a boat trip since I do have an extra day on my Eurail pass...

Warm regards.

Asif.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018