Get a discount on any rail pass or ticket

• Arno
    15483 posts
    31 May 2011 at 14:14:48 #805411

Dear travelers,

This is an offer from our partner Rail Europe. Several of their sales outlets around the world offer a discount on any order with a minimum order value. The discount applies to any Swiss rail pass, Eurail pass and other products Rail Europe offers. All you have to do to get the discount is add a promo code to your shopping cart and make sure that the order amount qualifies. Discounts will be offered until December 31, 2011.

Details can be found below and on the right hand side of any of our rail pass pages, e.g. the Swiss Pass page.

For residents of Argentina
    Click here for the promo codes: up to EUR 40 off.

For residents of Australia
    Click here for the promo codes: up to $60 off.

For residents of Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen

For residents of Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe
    Click here for the promo codes: up to ZAR 400 off.

For residents of Brazil
    Click here for the promo codes: up to BRL 100 off.

For residents of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam
    Click here for the promo codes: up to SGD 80 off.

For residents of China

For residents of Hong Kong
    Click here for the promo codes: up to HKD 440 off.

For residents of India
    Click here for the promo codes: up to INR 2,600 off.

For residents of Israel
    Click here for the promo codes: up to ILS 200 off.

For residents of Japan
    Click here for the promo codes: up to JPY 4,600 off.

For residents of New Zealand
    Click here for the promo codes: up to $80 off.

For residents of South-Korea
    Click here for the promo codes: up to KRW 64,000 off.

For residents of Thailand
    Click here for the promo codes: up to THB 1,700 off.

Browse for Swiss rail passes

Enjoy your traveling!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2011 at 7:53:57 #836552

Hi,

Could you please elaborate a bit about how to avail this discount. I do not really understand it. I am buying a swiss savers pass – class 2- for me and my husband for 4 days. Which is
    £ 287.40 after the 15% discount on the saver pass. now with this option – get discount on the minimum cost ticket, can I still avail more discount? If so, where do I get the promo code etc from?

Also, I am a UK resident… as in staying in UK for 7 months now, I dont see the discount details for UK residents in the list you provided. Is it not valid for UK residents?

Many thanks!!
    Navita

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 June 2011 at 8:14:46 #836553

Hi Navita,

This promotion is just for the countries listed in my post. There’s no further discount in your case.

Enjoy your traveling!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2011 at 8:18:38 #836554

Thank you Arno for such a quick response!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2011 at 8:42:24 #836555

Hi

Would just like to confirm how your discount work? I will be buying a Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days in October for me and my husband. We are living in South Africa, how does it work?

Regards
    Mariette

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 July 2011 at 9:26:22 #836556

Hi Mariette,

Assuming you will order before July 31, you can visit this page to see the discount code you need. After July 31, visit this page.

Then order your pass at the Rail Europe South Africa website and enter the promo code when asked for it. I’m not sure what exact pass you have in mind (probably the 8-day Swiss Saver Pass?), but you’ll find links to this website on any of our pass pages (provided that they sell the pass of your choice).

Please let me know if you succeeded or if you have additional questions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2011 at 10:24:38 #836557

Arno

We will definately look at a pass that will be the most cost effective for the two of us to travel most of Switzerland over an 8 day period. Just for interest sake, can I use the Swiss pass to go for maybe a day or to to Paris?

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 July 2011 at 15:02:27 #836558

Hello Mariette,

The Swiss leg of a trip to Paris will be free with a Swiss Pass. For details on what’s covered, you can best review the map we link to from the Swiss Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 November 2011 at 6:44:21 #836559

Why is it always so difficult to get the best option for a ticket? I often get confused by the difference in the prices… therefore coupons are very useful! But my country isn’t in the list… too bad. But many thanks anyway. Maybe I have to wait a little bit to get a better deal soon or I will get the normal pass.

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 November 2011 at 6:55:05 #836560

Hi CaraClay,

It can be a bit confusing indeed, but I hope our website helps to sort our your options. Each pass page, such as the Swiss Pass page, shows you the cheapest reseller specifically for your country and travel party. Special promotions will be listed in our forum.

Just keep an eye on this site and you’ll be informed when other promotions are available!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2012 at 13:30:21 #836561

IS THERE ANY PROMO CODE FOR GCC OR UAE

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 July 2012 at 14:53:36 #836562

[quote]manoj said: IS THERE ANY PROMO CODE FOR GCC OR UAE[/quote]
    Hi manoj,

Yes, there is. But this is an old topic with codes valid in 2011, so I will close it now. You can best visit this topic with current promo codes.

• The thread ‘Get a discount on any rail pass or ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.