Getting around in Switzerland with 4-wheel walker

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5548 posts
expert
Aug 1, 2017 - 1:17 AM

Hi bk629-

<<"You replied so quickly that I think Slowpoke may be a misnomer! ">>

You would change your mind if you were to follow me up or down the hills on "level" paths in Switzerland. ;-)

Slowpoke

bk629
bk629
26 posts
Aug 4, 2017 - 12:26 AM

Mt. Titlis is evidently now wheelchair accessible, according to the two websites below and others. The first one says there are lifts at all the stations. The second one is a day tour, and the driver is not allowed to help load your wheelchair.

www.eurorailways.com/k b/brochures/swiss/mt_t itlis.pdf

www.viator.com/tours/L ucerne/Mount-Titlis-Eternal-Snow-Half-Day-Trip-from-Lucerne/d576-3885SW303LBS/important -info

bk629
bk629
26 posts
Aug 9, 2017 - 11:44 PM

The Schilthorn: In answer to my written question, a representative wrote that at every flight of stairs, there is an elevator. The cable car is wheelchair friendly.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5548 posts
expert
Aug 10, 2017 - 1:18 AM in reply to bk629

Hi BK 629

<<"The Schilthorn: In answer to my written question, a representative wrote that at every flight of stairs, there is an elevator. The cable car is wheelchair friendly.">>

I am sure that is true. I have watched the loading processes at various stations on that route. You might miss a connection.. no big deal...but, the attendants are very helpful, and my guess is that they will work to make sure you get on in a timely fashion. They are quite nice.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019