Getting around in Switzerland with 4-wheel walker

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 August 2017 at 1:17:02 #867199

Hi bk629-

<<“You replied so quickly that I think Slowpoke may be a misnomer! “>>

You would change your mind if you were to follow me up or down the hills on “level” paths in Switzerland. 😉

Slowpoke

bk629
    Participant
    26 posts
    4 August 2017 at 0:26:04 #867200

Mt. Titlis is evidently now wheelchair accessible, according to the two websites below and others. The first one says there are lifts at all the stations. The second one is a day tour, and the driver is not allowed to help load your wheelchair.

http://www.eurorailways.com/k b/brochures/swiss/mt_t itlis.pdf

http://www.viator.com/tours/L ucerne/Mount-Titlis-Eternal-Snow-Half-Day-Trip-from-Lucerne/d576-3885SW303LBS/important -info

bk629
    Participant
    26 posts
    9 August 2017 at 23:44:12 #867201

The Schilthorn: In answer to my written question, a representative wrote that at every flight of stairs, there is an elevator. The cable car is wheelchair friendly.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 August 2017 at 1:18:01 #867202

Hi BK 629

<<“The Schilthorn: In answer to my written question, a representative wrote that at every flight of stairs, there is an elevator. The cable car is wheelchair friendly.”>>

I am sure that is true. I have watched the loading processes at various stations on that route. You might miss a connection.. no big deal…but, the attendants are very helpful, and my guess is that they will work to make sure you get on in a timely fashion. They are quite nice.

Slowpoke

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The thread ‘Getting around in Switzerland with 4-wheel walker’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.