Getting back to Interlaken from First Grindelwald

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mertkip
mertkip
4 posts
Apr 20, 2017 - 9:56 AM

Hi to everyone,

I am planning an afternoon trip from Interlaken to First on 17th May. The reason to make it afternoon is that I will be coming to Interlaken with car from Luzern afternoon about 14:30-15:00.

But when I look at the SBB link to return from First to Interlaken (since I have to park the car at Interlaken or Grindelwald and get the funicular to First I guess? ) the latest funicular seems to return at 5pm to Interlaken..

Is there an alternative route to back to Interlaken? Or do you have other recommandations to get there and back? ( I can get on to another public transport or return to another location apart from Interlaken by the way )

Thank you.

Annika
Annika
4993 posts
expert &
Apr 20, 2017 - 2:34 PM in reply to mertkip

Hi mertkip,

Correct, the last gondolas from First down to Grindelwald (not to Interlaken) will stop around 17:00 - 17:30, so that's when you have to leave the top station. You can park your car at the valley station in Grindelwald if you like and get back from Grindelwald to Interlaken by car. Alternatively you can park in Interlaken and catch a train back from Grindelwald to Interlaken. The timetable will provide details about possible connections. Just click on one of the presented options for more details. If you think leaving at 17:00 is too early, you'd better visit First the next day.

Last modified on Apr 20, 2017 - 6:20 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018