Getting Schengen visa for an Iranian

• MaryamHgh
    Participant
    3 posts
    28 May 2018 at 6:52:09 #816266

Hi, i wanna go to switzerland for matterhorn climbing in august.

I’m an iranian mountaineer and we, iranians traveller have so much trouble to get a schengen visa.

So i was thinking… is there any way for me to receive an invitation letter from (i don’t know maybe an agency)? So my embassy process for getting visa be done easily and successful?

I’ll be thankful for any advise .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 10:01:03 #886538

My philippino wife had to apply for schengen visa to visit europe with me. Here is what she had to do:

1. Identify the european (EU) country you will first arrive or travel to enter the E.U.; (e.g. germany, france or italy)

2. Go to that country’s embassy in Iran, e.g. germany, france or italy.

3. Take your Iran psspt to the embassy and fill out their form and pay them, and meet their consular staff.

4. You will then have Schengen visa to travel to ANY E.U country in the Schengen group. Very easy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 10:36:26 #886539

Hi MaryamHgh and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I am not aware of any invitation letter for Visa help. But, if an invitation helps to get a Schengen Visa (http://www.myswissalps.com/visa) then the Zermatt tourist office should know. They also know where to get a guide for the Matterhorn climb. A guide is highly recommended, perhaps even obligated. http://www.zermatt.ch

MaryamHgh
    Participant
    3 posts
    28 May 2018 at 18:24:01 #886540

Tnx alot.

Travel agencies in iran have told me that i need a tremendous amount of money in my bank account for getting a schengen visa. Is it true?

MaryamHgh
    Participant
    3 posts
    28 May 2018 at 18:26:57 #886541

Tnx for your help lucas .

I sure will check this site. And yes, i will get a guide if onle my visa proccess goes well. Tnx.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 19:34:45 #886542

Good luck!

I don’t know about any necessary money in your bank account but it sometimes is a requirement that they know you have money to leave Switzerland and/or support yourself while there. The Swiss embassy can give you details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2018 at 1:13:37 #886543

Schengen Visa and money in your bank account:

One often has to show money in a bank account for a visa. I had to do so 50 years ago when I applied for Iranian visa. My philippino friends travelling to australia solve this by having a ‘communal’ $10,000 which is moved from bank to bank as a visa is required.

• The thread ‘Getting Schengen visa for an Iranian’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.