Buy short term tickets in the Jungfrau region ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2019 at 14:58:55 #821593

Hi , We be planning to visit Jungfraujoch and First and am wondering regarding the tickets issue. Can we buy all the tickets on the spot for all connection ? or can we even buy it thru the app then just show it on the phone ? ( if this is possible , how short notice can this be done ? e.g. like 10 – 30 mins before , etc ? )

As we will be going the from Gimmelwald and then we like to visit a trip to First , so I don’t any of the pass suit me. Just like to confirm , If I booked from SBB , as long as i put Jungfraujoch as the end station , there is no need any additional ticket cost for visiting Jungfraujoch right ?

Is what stated below correct ?

From Gimmelwald to Jungfraujoch Direction

Gimmelwald to Stechelberg – Cable Car

Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen – Bus

Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg – Train ( Via wengen)

Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch – Train

From Jungfraujoch to First (Grindelwald)

Jungfraujoch to Kleine Scheidgg – Train

*Kleine Scheidgg to Grindelwald – Train

*From Kleine scheidgg , can we just buy section tickets from Jungfraujoch to Kleine Scheidgg then hike our way down to Grindelwald ?

Grindelwald to Grindelwald Firstbahn – Bus

Grindelwald (Firstbahn) to First (Grindelwald) – Cable car

First ( Grindelwald ) to Murren

First(Grindelwald) to Grindelwald (Firstbahn) – Cable Car

Grindelwald (Firstbahn) to Grindelwald – Bus

Grindelwald to Zweilutschinen – Train

Zweilutschinen to Latuerbrunnen – Train

Latuerbrunnen to Grutschalp – Cable Car

Grutschalp to Murren – Train

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 May 2019 at 23:57:51 #912171

You don’t need to pre-book any of the connections you mention and you can buy tickets using the SBB app. You can buy tickets anytime prior to boarding the transport. The routes you have mapped out make sense.

• The thread ‘Buy short term tickets in the Jungfrau region ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.