Getting to Roseg Glacier from Hotel Roseg?

Getting to Roseg Glacier from Hotel Roseg?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
chandiamond
chandiamond
11 posts
Aug 22, 2017 - 4:27 PM

I plan on 22SEP17 to take the horse drawn carriage ride, a round trip, from Pontresina to Hotel Roseg, and to have lunch in the hotel.

Please kindly advise how far between Hotel Roseg and Roseg Glacier. I don't expect to walk on the glacier and just want to have a closer look. To compare to go to Morteratsch to see the glacier, which one has a better view and easy walk ?

Many thanks .. Peter

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3821 posts
expert
Aug 24, 2017 - 1:53 AM in reply to chandiamond

Hi Peter-

<<<"Please kindly advise how far between Hotel Roseg and Roseg Glacier. I

don't expect to walk on the glacier and just want to have a closer look.">>

4-5 km.

Check this map...switch back and forth between map and aerial view:

map.geo.admin.ch/?topic=ech&lang=en&bgLa yer=ch.swisstopo.swiss image&layers=ch.bav.ha ltestellen-oev,ch.swisstopo.swiss tlm3d-wanderwege&layers_visi bility=false,false&X=1 44306.21&Y=788301.36&z oom=5

The visible face of the glacier is not large.

Use that map to check out Morteratsch

Slowpoke

Arno
Arno
9663 posts
expert &
Aug 25, 2017 - 7:44 AM

Hello Peter,

Hiking to the Morteratsch glacier is easy. It takes about an hour and you can get pretty close to the ice. At least the last time I was there a few years ago. Unfortunately glaciers are retreating everywhere and in the Swiss Alps too. Please see myswissalps.com/hiking /morteratschglacier.

I don't know exactly about the Roseg glacier but I am pretty sure it is at least an hour too. Last time I was there was in Winter so obviously it was all white :-) And we didn't go beyond the hotel.

Last modified on Aug 25, 2017 - 9:11 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017