Girl Trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2015 at 22:31:08 #807066

Some friends and I are traveling from Germany to Switzerland ! We want to spend 2 night in Zurich, 2 nights with cool train ride in Zermatt! 2 nights in Geneva with an over night in Paris before heading back to Germany! What is the best pass for us to buy that will let us get around town plus scenic rides!? Any thoughts of reasonable hotels?

Thanks for any help

Sharron

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 April 2015 at 12:23:34 #842408

Hi Sharron!

What are your mean reasons to visit Switzerland, and what do you expect to do/see, apart from scenic rides? The reason I ask is because you selected two towns that are not in the mountains (Zurich and Geneva). While these are nice towns to explore, I would personally not pick them for a short first time visit.

Hand picked hotels can be found here:

Tips on how to plan can be found here. A rail pass can be selected once you have a detailed itinerary. Right now I would say that a Swiss Travel Pass suits your needs.

I am not an expert on Paris, but one night there hardly leaves any time for sightseeing, while you spend a lot of time to get there. Wouldn’t it be better to add that time to Switzerland, or have an extra day in Paris?

Well, these are my thoughts; I hope it’s useful!

Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2015 at 13:54:51 #842409

Thank you so much for the info! So far the only part of the trip that was my pick was the train ride and Zermatt stay! But with more input maybe able to change some minds! I would love to see Lucerne!

time is on our side, so you never know!

thanks again

Sharron

• The thread ‘Girl Trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.