Hi, We are 2 pax travelling with the following itenerary:

9Mar: Travel from SG to Venice via plane

9Mar: Arriving in Venice in PM, rest and roam nearby

10Mar: We will go to Morano and Burano

11Mar: Venice day city tour

12Mar: Travel from Venice to Zermatt via train

13Mar: Matterhorn (1day)

14Mar: Gornegratt (1day)

15Mar: Travel from Zermatt to Chur then to Luzern. (via scenic route)

16Mar: Mount Titlis

17Mar: Lucern city tour, then move to Interlaken

18Mar: Jungfraujoch

19Mar: Day tour to Bern then back to Interlaken

20Mar: Interlaken to Paris

21Mar: Paris city tour

22Mar: Paris city tour

23Mar: Paris to Amsterdam

24Mar: Tulip tour

25Mar: Amsterdam city tour then fly back to Singapore

My question:

1) Since I am most of the time travelling around Switzerland, should i buy global rail pass or Swiss pass then Select country pass?

2) What is the main difference between the benefit of buying global rail in Switzerland against Switzerland pass? Price? value? validity?

Appreciate your response / advise.

Regards,

Felice

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2018 at 8:54:51 #876114

Hi Felice,

It is best to start by reading our information pages on those rail passes. They explain prices, how to buy them, validity and how to use:

Usually, the Eurail Passes need to be used fairly regularly in several countries to make them worthwhile – sometimes it doesn’t work out economically if you are only using a train to enter or exit a country. But that isn’t always the case – especially with long distance trains that sometimes are quite expensive.

You’ll get good use out of a 8 day Swiss Travel Pass it looks like. You could do that for Switzerland and a Eurail Select Pass for the other 3 countries (or just point to point tickets).

The only way to know for sure which pass is the best for your specific itinerary is to add up the ticket costs and do the math vs. rail passes. We have a page here to help: How to choose the best rail pass.

Please note you can’t visit the Matterhorn itself ( Mar.13). I think you might be looking at the Klein Matterhorn?

• The thread ‘Eurail Global Pass vs. Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.