Eurail Global Pass vs. Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
felimeneses
felimeneses
1 post
Feb 11, 2018 - 6:09 AM

Hi, We are 2 pax travelling with the following itenerary:

9Mar: Travel from SG to Venice via plane

9Mar: Arriving in Venice in PM, rest and roam nearby

10Mar: We will go to Morano and Burano

11Mar: Venice day city tour

12Mar: Travel from Venice to Zermatt via train

13Mar: Matterhorn (1day)

14Mar: Gornegratt (1day)

15Mar: Travel from Zermatt to Chur then to Luzern. (via scenic route)

16Mar: Mount Titlis

17Mar: Lucern city tour, then move to Interlaken

18Mar: Jungfraujoch

19Mar: Day tour to Bern then back to Interlaken

20Mar: Interlaken to Paris

21Mar: Paris city tour

22Mar: Paris city tour

23Mar: Paris to Amsterdam

24Mar: Tulip tour

25Mar: Amsterdam city tour then fly back to Singapore

My question:

1) Since I am most of the time travelling around Switzerland, should i buy global rail pass or Swiss pass then Select country pass?

2) What is the main difference between the benefit of buying global rail in Switzerland against Switzerland pass? Price? value? validity?

Appreciate your response / advise.

Regards,

Felice

Lucas
Lucas
9613 posts
expert &
Feb 11, 2018 - 8:54 AM in reply to felimeneses

Hi Felice,

It is best to start by reading our information pages on those rail passes. They explain prices, how to buy them, validity and how to use:

Usually, the Eurail Passes need to be used fairly regularly in several countries to make them worthwhile - sometimes it doesn't work out economically if you are only using a train to enter or exit a country. But that isn't always the case - especially with long distance trains that sometimes are quite expensive.

You'll get good use out of a 8 day Swiss Travel Pass it looks like. You could do that for Switzerland and a Eurail Select Pass for the other 3 countries (or just point to point tickets).

The only way to know for sure which pass is the best for your specific itinerary is to add up the ticket costs and do the math vs. rail passes. We have a page here to help: How to choose the best rail pass.

Please note you can't visit the Matterhorn itself ( Mar.13). I think you might be looking at the Klein Matterhorn?

Last modified on Feb 11, 2018 - 8:55 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018