Glacier 3000 in June and base for Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 15:48:29 #810999

We are planning an 8 day trip in early June and was hoping for some advice. (Thank you Kim for the wonderful document I am printing off now about Wengen and Jungafru!) We will be Spending 2 days in Lucerne and seeing Mt. Pilatus and then head to Berner Overland for 3 or 4 nights. We will be with our 2 daughters (9 and 12) and wondering what would be the best town to stay in. We obviously don’t need a big nightlife but plan to do Jungafru, a boat trip, Lauterbrunnen and explore but want to avoid a lot of back tracking on trains. My initial thought is to stay in Wengen.

Also was hoping to get feedback on a day trip to Glacier 3000. I cant get a good sense of activities in early June and what the weather will be like. Should we do the trip from our base in Berner Oberland or from Montreux where we will likely be stopping for a night (we would do 2 nights in this case) before flying out from Geneva.

Thank you very much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 17:03:28 #859737

Hi Oliver,

I agree Wengen would make a good base, or perhaps Interlaken if you want a slightly larger town.

As for the Glacier 3000, it would make more sense to travel there from Montreux but its not too bad from Interlaken area either so its up to you where you want to visit it from and if you want a 2nd day in Montreux – which is lovely in June by the way if you like being on a nice lake near vineyards etc. 🙂

Weather-wise I can’t really say. The weather changes frequently here in the mountains – it is best to finalize your plans the day before for mountain trips if the weather looks promising.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Glacier 3000 in June and base for Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.