Glacier and Bernina Express tickets/reservations

• JennyN
    Participant
    2 posts
    1 March 2020 at 19:20:57 #825385

Hello!

This is my first time joining the forum. I found many helpful info on MySwissAlps to prepare for my trip from the US to Switzerland in late June. I have a few questions about the Glacier Express and Bernina Express:

1) Should I reserve seats on these two trains in advance as soon as I can ? Is there any refund if I have to cancel the trip due to the coronavirus?

2) Since I plan to buy the 15 days travel passes, I do not need to book separate tickets on these trains, is that correct?

3) Due to the coronavirus, if I wait until as close as travel time to buy the Swiss travel passes (as recommended by this forum), will that affect my tickets on the Glacier Express and Bernina Express trains?

4) Since The Bernina express goes from Chur to Tirano, are you aware if there is any plan by the train to cancel going to Tirano part due to the virus?

Thank you for your time. Your responses are much appreciated.

Jenny

• The thread ‘Glacier and Bernina Express tickets/reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.