Glacier-Bernina-Gotthard Panorama Express loop

Glacier-Bernina-Gotthard Panorama Express loop

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Feb 6, 2017 - 10:55 PM

Hi Folks,

I am planning to travel on the Glacier Express, Bernina Express and Gotthard Panorama Express lin late May.

I plan to travel from Frankfurt to Brig where I will stay overnight and pick up the Glacier Express the following day.

As I correct in my understanding that I can join the Glacier Express at Brig rather than Zermatt?

I will take the Bernina Express to Tirano and then on via bus to Lugano.

Is it better to leave the Glacier Express at Chur and take the Bernina Express from there or is it better to take the Glacier Express through to St.Moritz and take Bernina from there? What are the pros and cons of both options?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Lucas
Lucas
7085 posts
expert &
Feb 7, 2017 - 9:15 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi rockoyster and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can pick up the Glacier Express in Brig. Take a look at our in-depth Glacier Express information page here.

The Chur to Tirano route on the Bernina Express is the 'classic routing' and I unfortunately haven't gone through to St. Moritz to comment...perhaps another member has.

Our Bernina Express page may be useful for you for comparison. Also visit our Gotthard Panorama Express page for more details on this trip if required. :)

Cheers,
Lucas

Last modified on Feb 7, 2017 - 9:15 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018