Will we see snow from the Glacier Express in July?

Will we see snow from the Glacier Express in July?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rajultandon
rajultandon
4 posts
Jun 18, 2017 - 10:10 AM

We are planing to travel in July this year and wish to travel by Glacier Express. Our concern is whether in this period we shall able to see the snow view and other natural beauty by the Glacier Express since July is a warm season. We may not able to spare more time for this beautiful route will appreciate if some one suggest the best route of the journey by this train to see interesting views.

Annika
Annika
4949 posts
expert &
Jun 18, 2017 - 3:48 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, rajultandon!

July to September are the months with the least amount of snow on the mountains. You'll see some snow-capped tops from a distance from the Glacier Express train though, plus very diverse and beautiful other landscapes. The entire route is described here: myswissalps.com/glacie rexpress/gettingthere. In case you don't have time to travel the entire route, you can pick any of the legs that appeas to you most. Please refer to "Don't have time do the full route" on myswissalps.com/glacie rexpress as well.

rajultandon
rajultandon
4 posts
Jun 19, 2017 - 4:53 AM in reply to Annika

Thanks Annika!

Appreciate your quick reply. I am sure this will help us.

Regards

Rajul Tandon

rajultandon
rajultandon
4 posts
Jun 19, 2017 - 11:08 AM

I came to know that 1 August is a Swiss National Day and that evening a fireworks celebration is always planned at Rhine falls. I want yo know the status and is that really interesting to see?

Lucas
Lucas
7081 posts
expert &
Jun 19, 2017 - 11:54 AM in reply to rajultandon

Hi Rajul,

I haven't been to the the RheinFall for the fireworks but you can read more about them here.
Most large towns/cities will put on a fireworks show as well (although it is July 31 at the RheinFall).

Lucas

Last modified on Jun 20, 2017 - 8:25 AM by Lucas
rajultandon
rajultandon
4 posts
Jun 20, 2017 - 5:56 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas. Appreciate your quick reply. It will be quite interesting to see the Fireworks at Rheine falls.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018